Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

We had a poll for the upcoming Barça presidential election this weekend. Unsurprisingly, Joan Laporta (who presided the club during the Rijkaard-Guardiola eras) is leading by around 30%.

Dude is also splashing the cash in the campaign. He isn't personally wealthy, so I wonder who's backing him. Anyway, I think he'll be a disaster, but certainly an entertaining disaster. If Barça has to burn to the ground, I guess it's better to have Nero doing it.

We had a poll for the upcoming Barça presidential election this weekend. Unsurprisingly, Joan Laporta (who presided the club during the Rijkaard-Guardiola eras) is leading by around 30%.

Dude is also splashing the cash in the campaign. He isn't personally wealthy, so I wonder who's backing him. Anyway, I think he'll be a disaster, but certainly an entertaining disaster. If Barça has to burn to the ground, I guess it's better to have Nero doing it.

I quite liked Font’s manifesto VI....???

What’s Laporta been saying? Can’t find anything on him? Will he also go for Xavi?

Why would he be a disaster? Any better options available?

He's a blowhard. His stewardship of the club was actually pretty bad, but had the luck of stumbling upon Ronaldinho (not his signing) and Guardiola (not his first choice), plus the golden generation of Xavi-Iniesta-Messi and the others. By the end of his reign dude was behaving like a paranoid tinpot dictator, spying on members of his own board with the club's finances in pretty dire straits. Thing is that since Bartomeu has been even worse at all those things, people has forgotten about all the shit Laporta did.

Personally I like Font, seems level-headed and a guy with a plan. But he won't win.

Football suspended again under the new lockdown

That's not true?

It’s what the bloke on Sky News said and the Govt website is unclear. Says elite sports persons can train and compete but the link is to the Tier rules from Dec which no longer and apply.

Just seen, bloke on Sky News got it wrong then

Aye it was the same bloke that had a right go at Starmer in an interview today but just kept asking the same question and Starmer had to try and find different ways to explain his answer as the bloke was getting more and more frustrated., seems like a bit of a dick trying to make a name for himself.