Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Eh it wasn’t Dave- Dave left because this place was starting to get full of knackers and said he will be back when we get taken over- he has posted once since he left when it looked like the takeover was happening

I always wonder how that sort of thing comes out, Daniel Sturridge got done for something similar, jealous mates probably. I don't agree with it. If the bookies don't want to get done, don't offer markets on things that can be easily subject to insider knowledge. Is Trippier supposed to only discuss his personal life based on whether SkyBet have a market on it?

Wish someone had told me when Nigel Pearson was about to be appointed Coventry manager Hoogen[/member]

Was similar with that non-league keeper in the FA Cup a year or two back? Was a big lad so one of the bookmakers had odds on him eating a pie or something, so he went along with the joke and had one. Ended up getting suspended.

Aye, crazy. You could equally argue that by simply not eating a pie he's making an easy cash cow for the bookies.

Markets by their very definition are formed quite often on the basis of some sort of insider knowledge. Now that the boot is on the other foot they're whinging about someone taking advantage.