Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Perez went on a few decent scoring streaks. Worked hard, but a very limited footballer.

We robbed Leicester blind.

I think that's really harsh. We definitely cashed in during a rich period of form and one of his peaks with us and got a great fee, but I wouldn't describe him is limited. His lob away at Leicester, that amazing backheel flick away at WBA in the blue and green kit, one with the outside of his boot at a mad angle at Vicarage Road, the great goal away at Blackburn in the cup to clinch it. Many many other crisp and accurate finishes. His key strength was his pressing and positioning and ability to win the ball high but he was technically very decent, "limited" not by any stretch.

He drove me absolutely crazy and he wasn't so much prolific as he was streaky. I appreciated the need for him to be in the team though, even though I'd question it every time he needlessly lost possession in matches where we regularly had limited possession.

Edited by Kid Icarus

7 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

Aye, I was surprised. Liked him from the get go. Looked like he had a touch on him. 

Should've gone to Arsenal, their kind of player all day. 

He was never good enough for Arsenal

Perez is one of those players that gets judged more harshly on his end-product because he’s thought of as a striker, despite typically not playing there. He was an attacking mid/winger that scored 12 in a Rafa team that finished 13th and people thought was terrible. 

He was frustrating mind, due to to the sheer disparity between how he started and ended the seasons. 

Edited by St. Maximin

I thought he was really poor. He had a run of goals through being the only outlet we had when we were terrible, but technically he was extremely limited and his attitude stank. Cupping your ears to your own fans? Exceptionally poorly judged.

Absolutely no surprise that he's been awful at Leicester. We robbed them blind.

Another striker who seems to be overinflated by the media right now is Toney. Am I the only one who thinks he's a less injury prone, but much less capable Carroll, who loves knocking in pens? Don't get it TBH.

9 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I thought he was really poor. He had a run of goals through being the only outlet we had when we were terrible, but technically he was extremely limited and his attitude stank. Cupping your ears to your own fans? Exceptionally poorly judged.

Absolutely no surprise that he's been awful at Leicester. We robbed them blind.

Another striker who seems to be overinflated by the media right now is Toney. Am I the only one who thinks he's a less injury prone, but much less capable Carroll, who loves knocking in pens? Don't get it TBH.

He didn't cup them to be fair, it was fingers in ears to shut out the noise from the weapons that were constantly on his back. Worked an absolute treat. 

For such a "technically limited" footballer he scored some technically impressive goals. He'd be a real asset in a Howe squad, I've no doubt. 

6 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

He didn't cup them to be fair, it was fingers in ears to shut out the noise from the weapons that were constantly on his back. Worked an absolute treat. 

For such a "technically limited" footballer he scored some technically impressive goals. He'd be a real asset in a Howe squad, I've no doubt. 

Fair point about the fingers in ears. Still disagree about him being an asset. A cursory look at Leicester forums show that they are clamouring to get him off their wage bill, with only a year left on his contract. 

Perez was a talented player. Not good enough for a top 6 club. But in the right setup a very effective second striker or wide forward type player. Good enough for a top 8-10 team when playing well but on his worst days wouldn’t look misplaced at Watford. 

I think most of us knew he wasn’t good enough to thrive at Leicester. There would be times where he wasn’t ‘on it’ and then he just wouldn’t get in that team. 

If a striker can stay fit. score 10 goals non penalties. Score 90% of their penalties on top. Hold it up well, battle defenders, link it up some - that’s a good PL striker.  

10 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Fair point about the fingers in ears. Still disagree about him being an asset. A cursory look at Leicester forums show that they are clamouring to get him off their wage bill, with only a year left on his contract. 

He’s too streaky for Leicester. For us he could have 10 stinkers back to back and still start. Eventually hitting a purple patch. 

2 hours ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

What he has or hasn't done for Leicester is irrelevant to us

He was overall a decent player for us, especially considering how little we paid for him

4 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

Kid's fucked it. Love to see it.

Yeap, any career he might have wanted, any relationships he may pursue and if they have any sense any friends he has, will fuck him off into the sea, and good riddance the horrid prick.