League Cup 2nd Round: Tranmere (a) Wednesday 24th August @ 7:45 - Live on Sky

HaydnNUFC

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Think we should win anyway. I'd keep Botman in just for a bit more experience of English football and change the rest. Players looked fucked near the end of the City game and we shouldn't really need them until Sunday.

Agree with this, I'll be kind of annoyed if this isn't an almost entirely different team and we should still win comfortably.

That said, after the performance on Sunday and the news this morning it would be the most Newcastle thing ever to lose today.

Botman starting would surprise me. With Targett being out (who knows for how much longer) and Burn being ruled out for this game, I don't know if Botman should be risked. We don't have huge depth at CB really, especially now Burn has to cover LB.

If Fede is fit he needs to play alongside Lascelles. If not, then I'm not sure, maybe Dummett at CB or a youngster?

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Botman starting would surprise me. With Targett being out (who knows for how much longer) and Burn being ruled out for this game, I don't know if Botman should be risked. We don't have huge depth at CB really, especially now Burn has to cover LB.

If Fede is fit he needs to play alongside Lascelles. If not, then I'm not sure, maybe Dummett at CB or a youngster?

Yeah. It depends if Targett will be available for Wolves. If so then Botman is unlikely to start against Wolves so will benefit from a game tonight. There's always the option of Bondswell at LB and Dummett in the centre, but we're creating possible weak points.

6 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Dubvraka 

Krafth Lascelles Dummett Ritchie

Anderson Longstaff Longstaff Murphy 

Willock Wood 

I'd be shocked if he didn't play 433. I think you've got the right players but in the wrong formation. 

If Howe wants us to play 433 in the league and that's how he sees us moving forward then these games in whixh we use our "2nd string team" need to follow the exact same formation and tactical usage as we would in a league game 

Just now, Mazzy said:

I'd be shocked if he didn't play 433. I think you've got the right players but in the wrong formation. 

If Howe wants us to play 433 in the league and that's how he sees us moving forward then these games in whixh we use our "2nd string team" need to follow the exact same formation and tactical usage as we would in a league game 

You're right but I would like to see Willock getting into the box a lot more.