João Pedro

19 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I know precious little about him other than him being a bit of a coop when they got him.

How do people feel about him in comparison to the other relegated winger/stikers we didn't go for like Sarr, cornet, Dennis?

A coop?

1 minute ago, Gaztoon said:

Doubt anyone knows much about him really... buy if ashworth and howe want him then I'm all for it.

Yup, Howe and others will have poured over hours of detailed footage of him. If they feel we can get significant improvements out of him (ala JL and Krafth) then could work out very nicely.

If he doesn't quite hit where we want him to be, probs can recoup a good chunk after a couple of years.

1 minute ago, Hhtoon said:

Yup, Howe and others will have poured over hours of detailed footage of him. If they feel we can get significant improvements out of him (ala JL and Krafth) then could work out very nicely.

If he doesn't quite hit where we want him to be, probs can recoup a good chunk after a couple of years.

Absolutely.

Thinking back to when we signed Mitrovic at a similar age and fee when you take into consideration the inflation of transfer fees, he'll have had the advantage of a couple of seasons over here and having someone like Wilson ahead of him so won't have that sort of pressure. Mitro on the other hand had Cisse who was hugely on the decline and Riviere to compete with, and was expected to be the main man in a team who'd barely stayed up at 20-21. I'll be very happy with this one, think we can mold him the way we want and take a bit more time with him.

7 minutes ago, toontownman said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/08/14/joao-pedro-watford-forward-no-one-talking-yet/

Good read. Started off as a DM. The anti Joelinton!

Also another good one in the athletic about how Watford were trying to keep him under the radar by selling Dennis and Sarr.

Finally linking up with Watford in late 2019, the world soon went into lockdown. Joao Pedro hired an English teacher and a personal trainer to move in with him. Initially, then-goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes acted as translator, but Joao Pedro now performs that role for others. And he gained seven kilograms of bulk, helping him adapt to English football’s physicality. 

He did this when he was 18 years old ...

We're going to have him under Howe and with Joelinton and Bruno to look up to?

Now is the time to just be quiet, observe the rhetoric being thrown about and wait patiently.

5 minutes ago, Nine said:

Think this guy has the potential to be a solid signing for us, seems a good deal on the surface on things 

Still undecided tbh, after watching his video, he shows some real talent, just not seen enough goals to convince me he's a finisher. But I guess our scouting team will have seen a lot more than me, and I doubt they'd spunk £30m on him unless they thought they had a player. Especially considering they refused to spend far less on the likes of Cornet and Dennis.

Couldn't give a shit about amount paid, just happy to be potentially signing a promising, young, hungry and tricky Brazilian striker. I trust our management

Anything is an upgrade on Gayle too [emoji38]

4 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

Might be worth noting Watford's manager seat since he signed for them in January of 2020:

Nigel Pearson
Hayden Mullins (caretaker)
Vladimir Ivić
Xisco Muñoz
Claudio Ranieri
Roy Hodgson
Rob Edwards

That really is crazy isn't it. Not the most stable of environments at all, and none of those really got long enough to develop any kind of decent play.

And yet the fans have seen something, as well as the scouts. It's all very interesting. I'm looking forward to how this will all play out.

I really like where it's heading.

Edited by KaKa

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That really is crazy isn't it. Not the most stable of environments at all, and none of those really got long enough to develop any kind of decent play.

And yet the fans have seen something, as well as the scouts. It's all very interesting. I'm looking forward to how this will all play out.

I really like where it's heading.

It'll play out with the bid being rejected and us moving onto another target

Edited by relámpago blanco

4 minutes ago, Mahoneys Tache said:

What’s this here? Invalidating people’s opinion and forcing yours on them?

Out of character for a man of your morale fibre. 

No the complete opposite :lol: he can have his opinion the point is or at the least the way I read it is he was trying to stop people using the word underwhelming. If he’s delighted with the signing that’s magic but if people want to say they are underwhelmed by it they should be able to. Fuck knows how you read in to it anything other than that :lol:

Edited by gdm

20 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He did this when he was 18 years old ...

We're going to have him under Howe and with Joelinton and Bruno to look up to?

Now is the time to just be quiet, observe the rhetoric being thrown about and wait patiently.

Really promising that. 

Guest HTT II

My mate is a Watford fan who gave me some info on Sarr who I rate and would like here and he says we will be buying a future gem of a player in Pedro and that forget his poor scoring return, it’s his potential. Says he just never stops grafting! He seems gutted they could be losing him along with Sarr and obviously recently Dennis.