João Pedro

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

One thing we've got wrong about him though is that he isn't really played as a striker. Watford have apparently been playing him out wide and transfermarkt isn't accurate 

That’s why I was kinda hopeful for a short time that we’d get him and Ramos but that looks unlikely 

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

This is what frustrates me about the age argument both Ekitike & Ramos are scoring and assisting for fun at a similar age. Pedro struggles to score in the championship. 

Probably harder to score in the Championship than it is in the Portuguese league (especially if you play for Benfica)

Just now, SteV said:

Probably harder to score in the Championship than it is in the Portuguese league (especially if you play for Benfica)

He’s scoring in the champions league man

1 minute ago, gdm said:

He’s scoring in the champions league man

He’s scored a hat-trick against Midtylland and one against Kiev…

Anyway, I’m not intending on being particularly negative towards him because he does look very good (based off very little I have seen), just pointing out goals in the Championship are probably worth just as much as goals in Portugal.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Am I right in thinking that Ramos is more of an out and out striker than Pedro?

Well Ramos is never used out wide, but Pedro plays all across the front three. So from that point of view, yes.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Am I right in thinking that Ramos is more of an out and out striker than Pedro?

Yep. Pedro seems more of a wide forward who can also play through the middle as an attacking midfielder / false 9

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

Right? ... Ramos is only playing in a team right now with the likes of Rafa Silva, David Neres, Joao Mario and Alex Grimaldo creating chances for him.

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

Anyway, I’m not intending on being particularly negative towards him because he does look very good (based off very little I have seen), just pointing out goals in the Championship are probably worth just as much as goals in Portugal.

He scored against Liverpool in the Champions league quarter final ffs :lol:

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Right? ... Ramos is only playing in a team right now with the likes of Rafa Silva, David Neres, Joao Mario and Alex Grimaldo creating chances for him.

But wait everyone wanted Sarr & Dennis coz they were so good 

Edited by gdm

8 minutes ago, SteV said:

Disagree with that tbh, you are massively over rating the championship there, it’s a really shit standard.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Disagree with that tbh, you are massively over rating the championship there, it’s a really shit standard.

I mean Sunderland look competent in the Championship. Half the Portuguese league would be better than Birmingham City ffs. It’s laughable the lengths people are going to defend his shocking goal record 

38 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Age for context?

I don’t think it’s a terrible signing. Assume we’re signing him because he could also slot in and replace Wilson, if needed.

Not sure it’s much of an upgrade though. Although it’ll be good to relegate Wood further away from the side.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

Scoring 9 in a season from out wide/withdrawn in the Championship at 18 really isn't to be sniffed at, like. 

Don't even bother man.

If we sign him, I'm pretty sure our time will come.

8 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Scoring 9 in a season from out wide/withdrawn in the Championship at 18 really isn't to be sniffed at, like. 

Shola Ameobi scored only 1 less in the Premier league in 8 less games at the age of 20 than this kid mind :lol: just for comparison ;) 

all joking aside the kid deserves a chance & support if he signs 

Edited by gdm

48 minutes ago, gdm said:

what Swiss ramble post? This one? 

Well given that post was what? 9 days ago and at least 4 journalists have been saying £40m since the beginning of July that seems unlikely.

Seems more unlikely that our owners are going around telling journalists what our budget is.

9 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Where do you think the likes of Santa Clara, Vizela and Pacos de Ferreira would finish in the Championship?

Bit of a stupid question I know because football is played differently in different leagues, but you see the point I’m making.

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

Seems more unlikely that our owners are going around telling journalists what our budget is.

You would think that. Seems quite the coincidence that nearly every journalist covering newcastle have said £40m it’s almost like they have been briefed

1 minute ago, Jackie Broon said:

As much as I hate to say it. They've called it right the whole time. I didn't want to believe it at first either but accepted that they probably were right a few weeks ago

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Where do you think the likes of Santa Clara, Vizela and Pacos de Ferreira would finish in the Championship?

Bit of a stupid question I know because football is played differently in different leagues, but you see the point I’m making.

Again tho, he scored in a champions league quarter final v Liverpool 

2 minutes ago, SteV said:

Yeah I see the point, I’ve just seen a lot of the championship and it’s such a poor standard I can’t see how the Portuguese premier league can be of the same standard ( I may be completely wrong of course).