João Pedro

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Rhian Brewster cost 23m for Sheffield Utd, just for a bit of perspective on fees.

Two things I'm going to enjoy if we ever crash the big 4/5/6 - getting favourable VAR decisions and being able to absolutely fleece other PL clubs for our cast-offs.

37 minutes ago, jack j said:

Plenty get criticised for being unsure on a player and questioning their stats but fuck me there is some who would have you believe we are signing the new Pele on twitter and if you've got out to say you're not a fan

What a world

I'm the opposite, seen him play, twice and wasn't monitoring him either time but just have a bad feeling about this as a signing.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

It's getting a bit shirty in here :lol:

My goodness we need a signing to lift the spirits.

Not just any signing though. These links are what have some folks going doolaly tap.

I shouldn’t have watched that Watford podcast that @Kid Icarus posted. I rated him before but I didn’t realize just how highly he’s thought of there (they think he’s a 50m player). 

I now want him more and less convinced we’ll sign him :lol: .

Edited by McCormick

To be fair our fans thought Longstaff was a £50m player and Lascelles should be starting for England. 

£25m is more than fair enough for someone who's never really done much at PL level. 

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

To be fair our fans thought Longstaff was a £50m player and Lascelles should be starting for England. 

£25m is more than fair enough for someone who's never really done much at PL level. 

Don’t get me started on what our fans thought about Sammy Ameobi & Nile Ranger :lol:

I don’t think his age should be underplayed here. Can’t think of many strikers aged U21 who’ve made a significant contribution to a PL team. Generally seems to take until 22/23 until the stats start improving unless you have a freak like Rooney or Owen.

Just now, Hhtoon said:

I live in Watford so I'll start knocking on doors for opinions once I've got my kids down for the night

Can you broadcast it live please (the door knocking, not putting your kids to bed).[emoji38]

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Chelsea paid 20m for Chukwemenka (sp) from Villa, he's 18 and barely kicked a ball in the PL.

They can afford to invest £20m in a young player that’s hardly played. We (as reported) only have £40m left and need to fill 2-3 places in the squad and unlike Chelsea we don’t really have the players of quality they have 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

They can afford to invest £20m in a young player that’s hardly played. We (as reported) only have £40m left and need to fill 2-3 places in the squad and unlike Chelsea we don’t really have the players of quality they have 

If we had £40m left we wouldn't be offering £30m for Pedro.