João Pedro

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m not sure how difficult most of what has been done is, tbf.  Ashley set the bar incredibly low by starving the club of professional staff.  Appointing a DoF and a CEO is hardly rocket science.

I’m not saying a bad job has been done, but a lot of it is really just doing what 91 other professional clubs manage to do without issue. 

Not sure it’s as simple as simply giving 2 people a job. 

Just now, LV said:

It’s the calibre of those they’ve got in though isn’t it, rather than the fact they have just recruited someone.

Both are world class in what they do 

Yep, they’re both good appointments, no arguments.  Like I say, I’ve no complaints.  But it’s what most clubs take for granted. 

Just now, Skeletor said:

Is he a real journo?

No idea mate. Saw it doing the rounds on twitter and assumed it's not one of those windup accounts. Could be off since nobody else has picked up on it yet but time will tell.

Hope this can be done ASAP. We still need 1-2 more players and time is running out

I like Pedro btw. He looks like good enough to take the no.9 spot from Wilson next season 

38 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

People who have never owned and run a club before have taken an empty shell and built a framework for a solidly successful, sustainable club, after having been blocked from doing so on their timeframe, left dangling, then having it drop in their laps in the heat of the season as relegation fodder. Even if one has criticisms of how things have been done this window, okay, fine, but there’s really no reason to think there’s some sort of fundamental flaw or that the subjects of those criticisms will continue. We’ve barely had time for the director of football and CEO to hang pictures on their walls. 

Or create new revenue streams as this will happen next summer when shirt deal ends and we’ve hopefully made more inroads with acedemy.  On top of this there’s so many players in last year of contract this year.

It’s easy for people to judge and say things like just play £30m ffs but no matter how much we guess, estimate or discuss - we don’t know the full financial details of the club and what we can spend or their goals.

i trust Dan ashworth & co as well as Eddie and if it takes a few windows then so be it as far as I’m concerned.

30 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yep, they’re both good appointments, no arguments.  Like I say, I’ve no complaints.  But it’s what most clubs take for granted. 

Also what some supporters of our club have taken for granted. Which is not to say we should all kowtow to Staveley and PIF. But it’s not really reasonable to expect everything to work like a well-oiled machine just yet. 

1 minute ago, B-more Mag said:

Also what some supporters of our club have taken for granted. Which is not to say we should all kowtow to Staveley and PIF. But it’s not really reasonable to expect everything to work like a well-oiled machine just yet. 

Yeah, agreed.  I’m perfectly happy with the job those running the club have done

40 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No, there is more to it.  But we should be comparing ourselves to other clubs at our level - not Ashley’s NUFC, which was a zombie club

We can't really compare ourselves with other clubs until the foundation of other club is present in ours. We're getting there, but first and foremost we have to bridge the gap between an Ashley club and a normal club.

52 minutes ago, B-more Mag said:

People who have never owned and run a club before have taken an empty shell and built a framework for a solidly successful, sustainable club, after having been blocked from doing so on their timeframe, left dangling, then having it drop in their laps in the heat of the season as relegation fodder. Even if one has criticisms of how things have been done this window, okay, fine, but there’s really no reason to think there’s some sort of fundamental flaw or that the subjects of those criticisms will continue. We’ve barely had time for the director of football and CEO to hang pictures on their walls. 

Exactly. To add, these new owners are spending vast amounts of their own money, whereas Ashley was not even prepared to have the club spend the money it could generate itself with the least possible amount of TLC. If they don't manage to bring in attacking players they actually want, and if Howe and co are happy to do so, I would rather we go a few months without than them resorting more panic buying. There is no need to panic; progress is being made on all fronts simultaneously and this first summer transfer window will hardly determine if the long term project will ultimately be successful or not.