João Pedro

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think you're doing exactly that there tbh. There's nuance to this and I think you know that.

One thing's for sure now though, Romano's either full of shit OR he's a tap-in merchant, but he's definitely not both. Contradicting Brighton (Cucarella) and Howe (João Pedro) are the exact opposite of tap-ins.

No, I'm taking the word of a high ranking club employee, who is on the record as saying nothing is agreed yet. There is only one way that can be framed.

It probably will get agreed in the coming days, but Edwards will still have been right.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. We'll  probably sign the kid so let's hope he turns out to be a player.

9 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Sorry, but you're framing it to your liking but what you're saying isn't true.

Our manager has just confirmed the deal isn't agreed, that is all there is to it.

You're essentially saying you trust Romano over Howe which is crazy.

What are you talking about? [emoji38]

I trust Romano wouldn’t post ‘here we go’ and claim an exclusive if he hadn’t heard something pretty concrete. You seem to have just framed the rest to your liking.

6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Edwards may be proven right here, but he certainly doesn’t get most things right ?

He won't even be proven right here, the only thing proven will be that he hates Newcastle with a passion, unless they hire shit managers.

1 minute ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

No, I'm taking the word of a high ranking club employee, who is on the record as saying nothing is agreed yet. There is only one way that can be framed.

It probably will get agreed in the coming days, but Edwards will still have been right.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. We'll  probably sign the kid so let's hope he turns out to be a player.

You’re completely missing the point.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

The fact he's speaking about it at all tells you everything. Howe would never normally comment on other club's players at all normally, it must be more or less done bar tying up some loose ends.

Aye. If there was nothing in it he’d say what he has already said a few times, that we’re no nearer.

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

What are you talking about? [emoji38]

I trust Romano wouldn’t post ‘here we go’ and claim an exclusive if he hadn’t heard something pretty concrete. You seem to have just framed the rest to your liking.

This is the most pointless discussion ever. But blinded by your dislike of Luke Edwards, you're trusting Fab over our manager.

Either way, if/when he signs, let's hope he fulfils his potential.

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Taking everything you hear at face value is a bit naive. 

Howe has always refused to comment on specific players previously, but has now given a direct update on Pedro. That in itself is more telling than the actual words that came from Howes mouth IMO. 

Even if it was all done, Howe isn’t going to break the news himself in a pre match press conference. 

18 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Precisely. He's a cunt, but he actually does get most things right (barring the absolute shitshow he had with the takeover). All the local journos have direct contact with the club.

He's still a cunt though. 

...and Botman, and our budget.

Has he ever broken anything?

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

This is the most pointless discussion ever. But blinded by your dislike of Luke Edwards, you're trusting Fab over our manager.

Either way, if/when he signs, let's hope he fulfils his potential.

I’m not trusting Fab over Howe [emoji38]

I know the deal isn’t complete.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

...and Botman, and our budget.

Has he ever broken anything?

And elneny and Nketiah in January. And let’s not just gloss over the biggest one of all, our takeover which he said was dead and his Mauriss exclusive 

Just now, NWMag said:

Taking everything you hear at face value is a bit naive. 

Howe has always refused to comment on specific players previously, but has now given a direct update on Pedro. That in itself is more telling than the actual words that came from Howes mouth IMO. 

Even if it was all done, Howe isn’t going to break the news himself in a pre match press conference. 

People are taking Romano at face value, no?

He's not on his way for a medical. Hope, Edwards, Burt, Ryder and now our manager have confirmed nothing is finalised yet.

It isn't a big deal, I just find the rush to defend Romano and slate Edwards at all costs bizarre.

5 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

This is kind of what I'm getting at mate. :lol: Edwards might be technically right now, but if what he's saying is wrong by tomorrow then I'm going to chalk that up to Romano having known about it, not Edwards stating the obvious.

9 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

We all know it’s not done as he hasn’t had his medical or signed 

Romano was saying it has been agreed.

obviously Howe won’t say its done …until it’s officially done  

Exactly. All he said was a deal has been agreed between the clubs. That doesn't mean the transfer is complete.

Honestly, just wait until a player has signed, r at least stop pretending you don't know how these people get so much attention.

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

He's not on his way for a medical. Hope, Edwards, Burt, Ryder and now our manager have confirmed nothing is finalised yet.

It isn't a big deal, I just find the rush to defend Romano and slate Edwards at all costs bizarre.

People believe Romano because he has built a reputation of always being right. Yes he is a tap in merchant, but the fact remains that he only usually says ‘here we go’ on done deals. 

Edwards is a fucking moron and his record is average at best. 

it seems all the Newcastle based journalists are saying it’s not done however there has been 1 or 2 others alongside Romano who said it’s done so I guess this info would come from the Watford end. 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

This is kind of what I'm getting at mate. :lol: Edwards might be technically right now, but if what he's saying is wrong by tomorrow then I'm going to chalk that up to Romano having known about it, not Edwards stating the obvious.

How can you chalk it up to Fab? Even Downie has just said we've put a new bid in, why would we do that if we've already agreed a deal as per Fab?

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

Exactly. All he said was a deal has been agreed between the clubs. That doesn't mean the transfer is complete.

Honestly, just wait until a player has signed, r at least stop pretending you don't know how these people get so much attention.

No doubt sky will come out and say that we have made a new bid and it’s close 

Romano has a 100% record, he deserves to be believed until he can't be. Romano clearly has the inside scope that the £30m including add-ons was verbally agreed and today we've put that in writing to get the ball rolling. Howe has to be diplomatic about it, he wouldn't say anything until it was signed, sealed and delivered. As for Edwards, he was wrong, he didn't know about the verbal agreement and gets to hide behind the fact it wasn't official. But it's a done deal and it was a done deal yesterday.

21 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Precisely. He's a cunt, but he actually does get most things right (barring the absolute shitshow he had with the takeover). All the local journos have direct contact with the club.

He's still a cunt though. 

Past Edwards stories include:

The Mauriss takeover 

A £50 million January budget 

A £50 million summer budget 

Botman isn't close, hours before a fee was agreed

Eddie Nketiah was close 

Links to Elneny, Holding, Philipps, Perraud and many more that he mentioned

I'll give him credit for being first on Wood and second to Pope, but he gets far more wrong than right.

How cab you chalk it up to Fav? Even Downie has just said we've put a new bid in, why would we do that if we've already agreed a deal as per Fab?

Which is the amount Fabrizio states we've already agreed with Watford

Downie could be a bit behind