João Pedro

Just now, Mattoon said:

Romano has a 100% record, he deserves to be believed until he can't be. Romano clearly has the inside scope that the £30m including add-ons was verbally agreed and today we've put that in writing to get the ball rolling. Howe has to be diplomatic about it, he wouldn't say anything until it was signed, sealed and delivered. As for Edwards, he was wrong, he didn't know about the verbal agreement and gets to hide behind the fact it wasn't official. But it's a done deal and it was a done deal yesterday.

All conjecture on your part.

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Ok, guys. Fucking hell, we get it. There’s some difference in reporting. Put it to rest. 

:thup:  People need to realize we're getting another Brazilian. Samba. 

Edited by Flip

4 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Which is the amount Fabrizio states we've already agreed with Watford

Downie could be a bit behind 

This is exactly it. 

Fab (going off his history) clearly gets decent info.   I reckon he's heard that the latest offer is getting accepted, the usual from Luke and co, playing catch up 24 hours later. 

Either way, I think its going through now. 

Edited by Wilson

For what it's worth Downie's Tweet implies that Watford are happy with the amount, but are still negotiating the add-ons. We discussed it yesterday, but we've probably agreed a deal in principle with the finer details to be ironed out. This will get done.

7 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

All conjecture on your part.

Conjecture is opinion in the absence of fact, the fact is the official bid is the same as the verbal bid released by Romano yesterday, Howe spoke about a player that doesn't belong to him, Romano has 100% record for these things. It's an intelligent judgement, only you don't need that much intelligence to put this 4 piece puzzle together, I'm not sure what you're struggling with.

28 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

He’s literally just said ‘nowt happening’ and then had to scramble about when it turns out we’re (at the very least) in very advanced discussions over a £30m move for a player.

He didn’t he said the deal was in play and talks were ongoing from his last conversations with sources 10mins prior to his tweet. He’s proven to be correct.

The irony is the ones who whinge about Edwards are the closest to being like Edwards himself with their arguments 🙂

My take is it’s very close. Player wants to come. We want the player even more so due to Wilson going for a scan and Watford more keen to sell now that Sarr deal has fell through and he’s shown interest in resigning. Won’t get done for Tranmere but hopefully done in time for Wolves.

Just put the pieces together. It ain’t rocket science 🙂

Guest HTT II

My Watford supporting mate Mark is saying there is no way they will be keeping him now and anything over 20m will get him, his head’s been turned and he wants to play with Bruno and Joelinton! I imagine it’s all about the fine details of how the deal is structured finances wise with add one etc. 

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

He didn’t he said the deal was in play and talks were ongoing from his last conversations with sources 10mins prior to his tweet. He’s proven to be correct.

The irony is the ones who whinge about Edwards are the closest to being like Edwards himself with their arguments 🙂

My take is it’s very close. Player wants to come. We want the player even more so due to Wilson going for a scan and Watford more keen to sell now that Sarr deal has fell through and he’s shown interest in resigning. Won’t get done for Tranmere but hopefully done in time for Wolves.

The issue with this take is Romano has then gambled his 100% hit rate with zero information about the deal being agreed? Makes no sense.

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Eddie won't start him, it'll be Wood if Wilson is fucked.

Who gives a fuck [emoji38]

Didn't they want £30m and according to that last tweet, we've just offered it? Therefore he'll be on route for a medical soon and signed by the end of the week surely

Here wu gan

Guest HTT II

He will be our Romario. In all seriousness watching some of his video clips, he seems a bit Joelinton like in terms of strength on the ball, shielding, protecting play, covering and getting, well, just stuck in. He seems very quick with the ball at his feet too which is always a good attribute. 

Luke Edwards has structured his tweet in such a way that whatever happens he can be interpreted as correct (after scrambling around to try and vindicate his assertion that nothing had progressed). Whereas Romano has put his neck on the line with a very detailed exclusive. Who ever to believe?

Edited by McCormick