João Pedro

1 minute ago, BeloEmre said:

Really? Posting two times here instead of just checking the account himself ? Come on.

Big deal dude! I assumed it was right because a few tweeted so. 

1 hour ago, thomas said:

why is boxing called the "sweet science"? Anyone who can answer without searching can be my friend for a day.

All I know is that "the sweet science" sounds cool and I like it.

Nuff sed.

1 hour ago, thomas said:

why is boxing called the "sweet science"? Anyone who can answer without searching can be my friend for a day.

As someone who in my 20's could name every Heavyweight Champion in proper order from John L Sullivan to Larry Holmes I never knew the exact beginning of that term. I know Pedro saga makes me want to spar with my basement wall.

7 minutes ago, McDog said:

As someone who in my 20's could name every Heavyweight Champion in proper order from John L Sullivan to Larry Holmes I never knew the exact beginning of that term. I know Pedro saga makes me want to spar with my basement wall.

“Maggie Thatcher your wall took a hell of a beating”

3 hours ago, UncleBingo said:

Been out for the evening, what's the latest state of play?

Is Luke ' the takeover is dead, Staveley is a chancer' Edwards saying that the Pedro deal isn't happening?

Nah he's good people.  A truth sayer, if you will.  

Edited by Wilson

4 hours ago, BonesJones said:

It's the thrill and the agony. What's on the line for both guys is more than a win or loss.

MMA is the fastest growing sport, simply because its bloody exciting how unpredictable it is.

Great scrap last weekend, English lad Leon Edwards was fighting a bloke called Usman for world title , won first round then got battered in rounds 2, 3, 4 and 5 until with a minute left in the fight he knocked the champ out with a nice kick into his mush knocking him unconscious. Just sayin' ?

Hasn't this Brazilian c*nt signed for us yet?

53 minutes ago, mrmojorisin75 said:

we're making a right fucking meal of this mind :lol:

Agreed, I’ve backed the owners all window regarding transfers and continue to do so but I feel if they leave us short up front then they’re dropping a bollock here.

Eddie and the gangs amazing result and performance against city should have made them think this season could be a major chance to get into Europe where if we under perform we may lose players like maximum. Wilson’s hamstrings are already creaking and we’re 3 games in ffs so we all know it’s gonna happen.

Need to back Eddie that little bit more and get him some fire power.

Edited by Gawalls

7 minutes ago, NWMag said:

If Watford are aiming to drive the price up and get us to pay more then they seriously haven’t watched us do business this window because that’s something we just don’t do.

6 hours ago, Ken Boon said:

Great scrap last weekend, English lad Leon Edwards was fighting a bloke called Usman for world title , won first round then got battered in rounds 2, 3, 4 and 5 until with a minute left in the fight he knocked the champ out with a nice kick into his mush knocking him unconscious. Just sayin' ?

That was great! Sounded like a baseball bat.

9 hours ago, McDog said:

What is it with these N-O Kevin McClouds? 

"ooh, look at me I've got a bacony/basement" 

?

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

What is it with these N-O Kevin McClouds? 

"ooh, look at me I've got a bacony/basement" 

?

How’s the bacon did you say?!

7 hours ago, Ken Boon said:

Don't want to derail the thread but Leon's backstory makes it even better.

His Mum was 15 when he was born in Jamaica, dad was a gangster who was murdered when he was 5 I think, he then met his half brother (also a good fighter in Bellator) who he never knew, they all moved to England when Leon was 6 and the coach who gave him the great motivational speech during the fight has been training him since he was a teenager. 

Leon's deserved a title shot for years now and has been screwed over and ridiculed by fans for Masvidal situation, Belal eye poke etc. The top contenders, including Masvidal, have ducked him for years and he finally got his title shot, was a big underdog and won it like that, absolutely amazing.

Seems like such a nice, humble guy too

I sort of understand our new policy stands us in good stead when managing selling clubs and agents expectations going forward, but we are probably going to miss a lot of first choice targets this way.

It's really commendable how they're working, it's just not bearing any fruits just yet, unfortunately.

Hopefully once this tag of mega rich Saudi owned Newcastle dies down a bit we may be allowed to work with a bit more freedom.