João Pedro

40 minutes ago, madras said:

I've never been one for watching boxing, UFC etc. It's always seemed strange that people would watch a sport where the aim is to inflict physical damage.......but that I would pay good money to watch.

15 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

It's the thrill and the agony. What's on the line for both guys is more than a win or loss.

MMA is the fastest growing sport, simply because its bloody exciting how unpredictable it is.

:lol: off-hand quip about MMA gets a reply from a guy named BonesJones. This thread has everything.

1 minute ago, UncleBingo said:

Been out for the evening, what's the latest state of play?

Is Luke ' the takeover is dead, Staveley is a chancer' Edwards saying that the Pedro deal isn't happening?

He's just a fool trying to remain relevant now that all of his sources have dried up. 

7 minutes ago, thomas said:

why is boxing called the "sweet science"? Anyone who can answer without searching can be my friend for a day.

I thought it's just that it's very methodical and thought out, you face each other and probe, pick out patterns, lay traps etc. It comes down to quite simple movements but drilled over and over to be expertly done.

7 minutes ago, thomas said:

why is boxing called the "sweet science"? Anyone who can answer without searching can be my friend for a day.

Because the combinatiom of blood and sweat has a sweetness taste. Science, because of all those neurological X-rays whenever any boxer is poleaxed. Can I be your friend now? Please be my fwend..?

5 minutes ago, thomas said:

Brains are often incorrectly conflated with another offal: sweetbreads. That’s led to the incorrect assumption that brains are sweet. Determining exactly how much brain has been killed in any bout necessarily involves science. Thus: sweet science. Here we go!