João Pedro

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

No one's making excuses, it's that you don't seem to have any experience of how the whole 'here we go' thing works. 

It doesn't automatically set off an arbitrary timer and when it expires it means he was wrong. It just means we can consider it done and the official confirmation is pending. 

As has been mentioned just as one example, he confirmed Cucarella and Brighton outright denied it. 2 days later it was officially done.

It could still fall through (did it happen with Malacia?) as he posts it before everything is fully signed, but looking at his record it’s extremely rare.

No one's making excuses, it's that you don't seem to have any experience of how the whole 'here we go' thing works. 

It doesn't automatically set off an arbitrary timer and when it expires it means he was wrong. It just means we can consider it done and the official confirmation is pending. 

As has been mentioned just as one example, he confirmed Cucarella and Brighton outright denied it. 2 days later it was officially done.

Brighton denied it because at the point he let out his catchphrase nothing had been agreed between Chelsea and Brighton. Chelsea upped their offer by 10m which got the deal agreed.

There is zero chance  Brighton would've released their statement if at that point in time the deal had been agreed.

Analyzing the nuances of tweets and the timing of which a denial happens or a confirmation etc etc etc. ffs 

oh he’s just a tap in merchant, oh no he knows nowt. Nah man, he’s spot on. Tiresome shite. 

Edited by Kanji

Jesus Christ :lol: None of that matters.

The bottom line is, unless something unforeseen happens, someone with an extremely solid record of calling deals as being done, is saying that it's done. Move on

"None of it matters" even though it just disproved your whole narrative ?

I'll let it go because people are getting triggered for some reason. I hope he signs, no idea if he will but let's hope it gets done.

It's really alarming how rattled people get about transfers man.

If someone says something is done they never want to believe it and start getting nervous about it not panning out.

But if it's bad news oh how they embrace it and start on about the owners not knowing how to bid or some other nonsense.

Such a horrible nervous fearful disposition man. Or in simpler terms BEDWETTING!!!

Sometimes transfers take a little more than expected to get announced. Emerson Palmieri was confirmed to West Ham a few days ago, and was not officially announced until after the medical test. Casemiro got two official announcements, so there is no one way how clubs go about that.

However, if we submit another bid, then it is safe to assume that Fabrizio Romano was wrong.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Just boring man. Talk about something additive to the forum or discussion, shit drags on for pages. 

Your last three posts have been whinging about other people whinging. Do you think that’s any more entertaining?

People are going to be worried that there’s a week left and we haven’t bought an attacker. A completely  normal, natural reaction and not worth getting upset about :)

Tbf, more than happy to let it go, but there's nothing more fucking boring and nauseating than the conversation/put it in the right thread police

Edit: Aside from the lock the thread begs obviously

Edited by Kid Icarus

I'm definitely not rattled by someone agreeing or disagreeing with my views on a journalist, but if i could just have 3 hours of your time i'd like to explain in excruciatingly stupid detail why i think they're wrong ...

If all we had was Romano's tweet we'd be on like page 70 analyzing Pedro's highlight videos. Instead we've got an extra 25 pages on journalism, boxing, and Brazilian age of consent, and it's all fucking Luke Edwards fault.

He'll be pictured at the training ground within the next 48 hours.