João Pedro

1 hour ago, Joseph said:

I don’t get this line of thinking. If he goes to Everton it’s because Watford accepted their bid and offered him Premier League football and bigger wages. I don’t see how that reflects poorly on the player at all.

It's more of a reflection of where Everton are than the player tbh. You couldn't blame him for taking more money if it's a significant amount, but you would have to look at how desperate Everton must be to offer more than he's already agreed to just to get a signing over the line, especially one which they've done no work for in negotiating a price. They really have turned into a shithouse of a club, with a crap manager and obviously poor recruitment process.

6 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Romano was wrong, I think that's pretty clear by now. 

I don't think anything is clear to be fair. 

Romano has said that it's all agreed and the formal paperwork is being completed.

The Athletic have reported our latest bid was rejected.

Sky have said our latest bid is stoll being considered.

Edwards has reported the deal has stalled.

The thing is regardless of what happens, they'll all claim that they were correct.

Edited by The Prophet

Just now, The Prophet said:

I don't think anything is clear to be fair. 

Romano has said that it's all agreed and the formal paperwork is being completed.

The Athletic have reported our latest bid was rejected.

Sky have said our latest bid us stoll being considered.

Edwards has reported the deal has stalled.

The thing is regardless of what happens, they'll all claim that they were correct.

He also said it was a done deal, that's turned out to have been jumping the gun. If he's friends with the Watford owners, they've done him no favours there if they've gone back on that to try and get a few extra quid by dragging Everton in.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

He also said it was a done deal, that's turned out to have been jumping the gun. If he's friends with the Watford owners, they've done him no favours there if they've gone back on that to try and get a few extra quid by dragging Everton in.

It could be. For a journalist who's as reliable as he is, it was telling that he doubled down after the contradictory reports came out.

I'm not saying that he's definetly correct for what it's worth, he does get stuff wrong. Just that it's few and far between.

13 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It could be. For a journalist who's as reliable as he is, it was telling that he doubled down after the contradictory reports came out.

I'm not saying that he's definetly correct for what it's worth, he does get stuff wrong. Just that it's few and far between.

It just seems odd that this one was contradicted when you would have thought with his Watford connections this would be the most iron clad. Just seems like something odd is going on here, and I doubt it's from our side.

I still think it will get done, just someone is playing games from the Watford end by the looks of it.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

It just seems odd that this one was contradicted when you would have thought with his Watford connections this would be the most iron clad. Just seems like something odd is going on here, and I doubt it's from our side.

I still think it will get done, just someone is playing games from the Watford end by the looks of it.

Aye, it'll either be that or we've played it down to the locals to avoid another public Ekitike situation where everything is agreed with the club, but not the agent or the player.

41 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I think Romano was right and now the delay is on our end. Waiting to see the extent of Wilson’s issue.

He wasn't right. He said "here we go" 2 days ago and no sign of a medical or anything.

Instead we've since had Hope, Burt, Edwards, Ryder, Mark Douglas, Sky, Waugh, the Watford correspondent at the Athletic and our own manager all say a deal hasn't been agreed.

The excuses being made for Romano are ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

He wasn't right. He said "here we go" 2 days ago and no sign of a medical or anything.

Instead we've since had Hope, Burt, Edwards, Ryder, Mark Douglas, Sky, Waugh, the Watford correspondent at the Athletic and our own manager all say a deal hasn't been agreed.

The excuses being made for Romano are ridiculous.

No one's making excuses, it's that you don't seem to have any experience of how the whole 'here we go' thing works. 

It doesn't automatically set off an arbitrary timer and when it expires it means he was wrong. It just means we can consider it done and the official confirmation is pending. 

As has been mentioned just as one example, he confirmed Cucarella and Brighton outright denied it. 2 days later it was officially done.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Tap in merchant jumped the gun, Edwards was right. Let's move on.

More worried how it's gone cold since the news Everton are interested. Toe to toe I'm not worried but I do think if Watford have accepted and have upped the price or moved the goalposts we'll tell them to do one. Think Evertons interest relies on the sale of Gordon as well, so strung out till the end of the window.