João Pedro

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Certainly strengthens Watfords hand though.

Only if they are going to insist on keeping Pedro. Otherwise with only a couple of weeks left they would be better off selling now for a decent fee and and giving themselves enough time to buy a replacement.

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Funny thing is Villa don’t play with wingers 😂

I genuinely don't understand what he's trying to do tactically every time I watch them. He's all over the place.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Only if they are going to insist on keeping Pedro. Otherwise with only a couple of weeks left they would be better off selling now for a decent fee and and giving themselves enough time to buy a replacement.

Well they are saying publicly he’s not for sale, basically I don’t think he goes unless we match their asking price.

We’re seemingly prioritizing not getting bent over on transfer fees than getting in our targets. Must be getting to the point soon where we may have to bite the bullet or be left without the additions we wanted. 60m and 30m for Maddison and Pedro, respectively, aren’t particularly unreasonable asking prices.

Interesting to see how well our bullishness has served us once the window closes in less than 2 weeks time.

Edited by McCormick

Just now, McCormick said:

We’re seeming prioritizing not getting bent over on transfer fees than getting in our targets. Must be getting to the point soon where we may have to bite the bullet or be left without the additions we wanted. 60m and 30m for Maddison and Pedro, respectively, aren’t particularly unreasonable asking prices.

Interesting to see how well our bullishness has served us once the window closes in less than 2 weeks time.

Agree with the point, but disagree that Pedro is worth 30 million.

20 minutes ago, McCormick said:

We’re seemingly prioritizing not getting bent over on transfer fees than getting in our targets. Must be getting to the point soon where we may have to bite the bullet or be left without the additions we wanted. 60m and 30m for Maddison and Pedro, respectively, aren’t particularly unreasonable asking prices.

I would think we have a list of potential loan signings as fall backs too. 

Ideally they wouldn't have to go that route in case they are needed in January due to freak injuries or otherwise. 

I absolutely believe we won't cave and bend over backwards. 

28 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’s young and supremely talented; 4 years younger and better* than Sarr and Dennis who went/ are going for similar fees.

*much higher ceiling at least and definitely a more unique style of player.

But could still turn out to have poor end product.  There's no guarantee that he'll start converting just because he's a year or two older. Just look at Almiron and to some extent ASM.

18 minutes ago, TRon said:

But could still turn out to have poor end product.  There's no guarantee that he'll start converting just because he's a year or two older. Just look at Almiron and to some extent ASM.

Sure, but that’s why he’s “only” going for 30m. Adding end-product to his already impressive skillset and we’d be looking at a much more prohibitive asking price.

37 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I would think we have a list of potential loan signings as fall backs too. 

Ideally they wouldn't have to go that route in case they are needed in January due to freak injuries or otherwise. 

I absolutely believe we won't cave and bend over backwards. 

We need to stop saying shit like this :lol: Nobody is asking us to bend over backwards, just pay a realistic fee.

Edited by Fantail Breeze