João Pedro

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Wey he's not a news aggregator, that's part of why you look daft, and people put faith in him because his catchphrase has a 100% record :lol:

But aye, laugh away chuckles 

😂

100% record BECAUSE he only posts once it’s been pretty much confirmed by everyone else. Every single time. Hope and Ornstein break stories, Romano just tags himself on the end.

Anyway, who cares. I’m criticising a prick with a Twitter catchphrase, you’re defending a prick with a Twitter catchphrase. I won’t change your opinion, you won’t change mine. Let’s move on.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Romano is a reliable journo with direct links to the Pozzos. Edwards is an unreliable journo who enjoys winding up fans. I know who I believe.

Is there actually any evidence of his links with the Pozzos, or has it just become gospel since someone suggested on here that he might yesterday?

Genuine question by the way… I would actually like to change my opinion of him if there was any evidence to do so.

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

😂

100% record BECAUSE he only posts once it’s been pretty much confirmed by everyone else. Every single time. Hope and Ornstein break stories, Romano just tags himself on the end.

Anyway, who cares. I’m criticising a prick with a Twitter catchphrase, you’re defending a prick with a Twitter catchphrase. I won’t change your opinion, you won’t change mine. Let’s move on.

Hope!?! :lol: 

Even then, João Pedro? He's sticking his neck out in contradiction with the local journos you claim we should hold in higher regard. Lucas Digne? Cucarella - a case of his catchphrase being more reliable than Brighton's Twitter account. :lol:

It's clear that you've got a weird dislike for him that's warped your sense of reality.

What’s wrong with reporting things when they are done and not speculate when you don’t have any idea? Wild that Newcastle fans read Ryder and Edwards yet there are still people valuing ’proper’ journalists over someone with +10 million followers on Twitter. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Hope!?! :lol: 

Even then, João Pedro? He's sticking his neck out in contradiction with the local journos you claim we should hold in higher regard. Lucas Digne? Cucarella - a case of his catchphrase being more reliable than Brighton's Twitter account. :lol:

It's clear that you've got a weird dislike for him that's warped your sense of reality.

Ok mate. Whatever you say 👍

39 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Weren't a lot of the local journalists denying that a new bid had even gone in over the weekend when Romano reported it? Which now seems to be completely accepted did happen. 

Yes, because as has been said by others the local journos are largely relying on NUFC sources and it’s all pretty quiet. 

In a made up world where a transfer only involved our club you probably wouldn’t hear a word about it until it was done and announced by the club or by Ando.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Aye, fair 😂

I just can’t hide my dislike for him, or “transfer expert”. I’m quite clearly in the minority here, so I’ll just leave it.

”Here I go”

Your opinion about him was probably pretty accurate years ago. But as his reputation has grown he’s built contacts upon contacts over the years.

You probably won’t agree with this statement, but I like him and Ornstein because they are helping to fix one of my least favorite things about football media —  transfer gossip. 

I’ve never been able to understand why it was seemingly accepted that football journalism was allowed to operate as tabloids. Poor reporting based on bad information or just made up. This is completely different to how sports are covered in America - if news comes out it’s real (occasionally a story ends up being wrong but it’s for legitimate reasons). The world of Twitter and fast news cycles created a cottage industry of news breakers (Adam Schefter for the NFL, Adrian Wojnarowski for the NBA, etc). These people are paid a lot to be first and to be accurate. When they tweet something like “Tom Brady is un-retiring…” your first thought is “holy shit” not “is that true?”

You can hate the “here we go” but he’s putting his own name and reputation on the line when he does it. He’s built a brand based on reporting / relaying real information, which was/is needed in the mess of transfer rumors and gossip that has been the standard. 

2 hours ago, Miercoles said:

So are we going to get sucked into playing a 10 as a lone center forward again?

I have faith in Howe, but I obviously need more therapy to get over the trauma of the Ashley era...

I think you're right to have faith in Howe. I was totally underwhelmed at the prospect of having Harrison here but seeing how he's done so far had given me a realisation that the club is now run be people who know far more than me about player recruitment. 

He's young enough to adapt and perhaps they see soemthing in him which means he can play multiple positions or learn to be flexible. 

This lad sounds good to me.

Given Howe’s transfer success at Bournemouth, I do want us to sign some under-the-radar type, not-so-high-profile players with potential that usually, given Howe's record, goes on to be fulfilled.

I also think Pedro is a better prospect over Etikite. He is already EPL proven and from what I saw he is faster, stronger and more direct (Etikite has better positioning though). I genuinely prefer Pedro over Etikite. 

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

the club is now run be people who know far more than me about player recruitment. 

Yeah that's the key right there, and it's crazy that it did not seem like that was the case for over a decade.

The last 15 years or whatever of constantly buying as number ten, playing him on the wing, saying he's crap, buying a number ten, playing him at CF, saying he's crap, buying a number ten, playing him on the other wing, saying he's crap.... God it was frustrating.

So whenever I hear about a new number ten coming in I cringe a little bit, and "can play anywhere across the front three" is often a pretty optimistic interpretation.

Still though, like you say we seem to have competent recruitment now so I imagine there is a plan here and I'm excited to get a new forward in so that we can bring someone on who isn't a huge downgrade in any of the front three positions, because right now it's a shit show as soon as you go to the bench.