João Pedro

If this week proves out its that they aal kna fuck aal

Hope and Edwards have repeatedly said we couldn't do a deal like we have for Isak and that we had 30 million up front and that's the lot

Romano said Pedro was a here we go and it now looks like it's not

8 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

I know it's not a popular opinion but apart from saying we only had 40 mil to spend he's been pretty accurate and quick on most deals.

Think Fab jumped the gun on Pedro but will get away with it because of Isak, will just blame that.

I mean to be completely wrong about the budget is a pretty big thing to get wrong. 

15 minutes ago, Tiotes Witch Doctor said:

I know it's not a popular opinion but apart from saying we only had 40 mil to spend he's been pretty accurate and quick on most deals.

Think Fab jumped the gun on Pedro but will get away with it because of Isak, will just blame that.

I don't think he jumped the gun, I think we agreed a deal but then agreed a deal for a better player.

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Who's Mauriss? Is that a takeover thing I missed?

Iirc, Edwards was continually knocking back the Saudis and stating they’d left the equation, whilst he put forward his ‘exclusive’ inside story about Henry Mauriss getting the club for weeks.

Seems to me that Edwards tries to overstep his actual information. He may well be reliably told that we're not going to bid for Joao Pedro any more, fine, but then to extend that to assume that our spending is done is pure speculation. Especially after seeing the last 48 hours.

Just as he did with the budget info and with the takeover info. A grain of truth he's trying to then stretch into a full meal, using couched language like "it appears" or "should be" or "seems like" so there's an out in case he's wrong.