Alexander Isak

Disco

2 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

I think he is more suited to this league than any other league he's played in. He's big but he's very technical and skillful.  He shouldn't play outwide as his control, touch and skill on the ball is utilised in the box and that scares the shit out of central defenders as it'd the wingers they expect to be doing that and that's why Fullbacks nowadays are quick and very agile on their feet in the Premier league. CB's not so much. 

Be like having a giraffe in the box. Our fooking giraffe with magic boots! ??

50 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I didn't think it was emotional. He was just cool as ice, until he saw the fans and thought "I'll have me a bit of that". 

Shearer was similar, considering the adulation and absolute hero worship he got, as soon as he crossed that white line, he was clinical mentally and was never the cheerleader type of forward/star/hero. Just wanted to get on the pitch and score goals and win, fuck the background noise!

3 minutes ago, Holloway said:

He's slightly detached, has the lizard like quality. It's an important step forward

Not surprising, he is royalty after all!

55 minutes ago, 1964 said:

When you consider what he has done and where he has been by the age of 22, its not surprising that he's not fazed by much.  He seems a very impressive young man

Absolutely mental how young he is the way he talks and clearly thinks. Reminds me a bit of Trippier. Already seems primed for a career in coaching. Loved his post match quotes about redirecting the pain to throw at Palace. 

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Absolutely mental how young he is the way he talks and clearly thinks. Reminds me a bit of Trippier. Already seems primed for a career in coaching. Loved his post match quotes about redirecting the pain to throw at Palace. 

Aye. For one so young he says the right things but with such conviction. not like he's trying to say the right things.

42 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

The second goal against Liverpool was pure class. How he took 2 Liverpool defender’s out the game and slotted in the top corners 

and he just about kept himself level with the last defender when the ball was played forward.

bassas!!!!

7 hours ago, KaKa said:

I've discussed how the system would work defensively, similar to how a team playing a diamond formation defends full backs, on the last page, and also covered how his role would not be too dissimilar to how he played as a right sided forward in a front two with Sociedad.

Do you want Howe to change the system to fit Wilson and Isak into the same team?

Just now, KaKa said:

I'm not discussing this anymore. I never said anything about changing the system man, go back and read the post. My goodness!

You said you were trying to explain how protecting the full backs works in a diamond formation - presumably to allow us to play 2 up front which means changing the system. Was just wondering if that is what you want Howe to do, or if it's just theoretical speculation of how it could work.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

I read that Kaka wants Isak to play as a "chalk on the boots" wide man to accommodate Wilson.

You know, he could cheat that, put chalk on his boots beforehand but play between the centre half and full back.