Alexander Isak

Disco

He cost a lot, close to elite CF money and I think we paid 60m for the player he is likely to become with patience, development and time. A bit like Osimhen cost Napoli a fortune but they knew he’d become even better in time and he clearly has. 

I can’t wait to see Isak next season with a full pre season under his belt, playing with even better players and clear of any lingering injuries. A very special player with potential to become one of the best.

Noticed today he looked "chatty" with his teammates pre match. Can't help feel that he's finally feeling settled and perhaps making a few friends. It can be tough and not everyone settles in the same way.

Him, Maxi and Willock are kindred spirits. All of them want to commit players and I for one fuckiny love it.

Also him scoring that header was even more satisfying than had it been a raker.

12 minutes ago, 54 said:

Wilson is still a decent player like, players are allowed to be out of form without them being the next coming of Joselu. :lol: 

Out of form is an understatement though. And Isak is quite clearly a better player who’s only going to get better and better.

He’s a beast but look gassed at half time, then came out after and was still pressing and running like a demon at 60 mins or whatever it was but Howe clearly wanted to protect his fitness at this stage and rightly so, he’s going to be so good when he’s fully fit for 90 mins.

Edited by Nine

He has that quality that the top drawer players have, where the game seems to slow around them and he finds his time. He’s so chill. Very high ceiling, I don’t think we are seeing half of what he can do just yet. 

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Noticed today he looked "chatty" with his teammates pre match. Can't help feel that he's finally feeling settled and perhaps making a few friends. It can be tough and not everyone settles in the same way.

Him, Maxi and Willock are kindred spirits. All of them want to commit players and I for one fuckiny love it.

Also him scoring that header was even more satisfying than had it been a raker.

He appears to mix well with Maxi and Willock , should help him to finally settle in

I do agree with most on here that this feels like Isaks time to step up now. He's going to get plenty of starts from now on and he'll get alot of chances, he just needs to keep scoring.

Wilson will end up being third choice CF next season and that will probably suit him with his injury record. If we get Europe he'll have a massive part to play in the sqaud.

1 minute ago, Rich said:

Fucking unreal today, in every aspect.

Imagine him at 100%. Christ.

Who said he can’t play as a number nine?

I still there will be games where he will get crowded out by a low block but that header showed there is more than a poachers instinct about him too.

He seems to have absolutely everything. Buzzing.

For a young CF who's new to the league, he's started life here pretty fucking class, seeing as he's notching at a rate of about 1 in 1.5. 

So excited by him, think he's got the potential to be one of the best in the league, definitely.

18 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Some people thought Wilson was better than this guy. :mackems:

Wilson been a class player for us. Dont think we should laugh him off yet. Isak been one of the most talented young strikers for years so it was only a matter of time before he would shine.