Alexander Isak

Disco

Just this change alone I think would bring some verve.

Know mythology has it different, but lot of Tino 96 vibes about him. Seems fresher, brighter, to have ideas and makes things happen in team generally flattening performance wise. Also probably quite difficult to read as a defence.

I'd be flat as f*ck if he doesn't start from now, I'll admit.

Edited by Wolfcastle

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Nothing to lose in just playing him every game now. Might not click immediately but it will at some point. 

I do think he will rely more on us controlling the ball mind, although TBF he also contributes to that himself. 

Aye he needs service either through balls or to his feet. 

48 minutes ago, gbandit said:

All we need is Bruno and him linking together for a couple of games, they’re made for each other. Will score tons with that service 

Feel like pure shit just want to see Alex Isak run on to the end of a perfectly weighted Bruno through ball to score a winning goal in front of the Gallowgate. 

Also, he has 3 goals in 466 minutes of football. Roughly a goal every game and a half. That's including a long spell on the sidelines having barely had a run in the team. Before he came to the PL he one of the best goals goals per minutes ratios of the young strikers in Europe. It's a bit early to be putting a ceiling on him.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Also, he has 3 goals in 466 minutes of football. Roughly a goal every game and a half. That's including a long spell on the sidelines having barely had a run in the team. Before he came to the PL he one of the best goals goals per minutes ratios of the young strikers in Europe. It's a bit early to be putting a ceiling on him.

4 if you count the one he was robbed of at Anfield 

We have to players in defence who are capable of playing long accurate balls for him to run onto. I wish we'd go route one at times to shake it up. We don't play to maxi's strengths either, who likes to run onto the ball not get it with his back to goal. We seemed to attack with a lot more pace last season.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Scored for Sociedad v Barcelona first game of the La Liga season as well.

Not to say he can't do bits in this side, but it'll be class when we have players on the same wavelength as him too. Wide forwards who are capable of linking play and dropping into the gaps that he leaves when he drifts out wide. 

9 minutes ago, pubteam said:

We have to players in defence who are capable of playing long accurate balls for him to run onto. I wish we'd go route one at times to shake it up. We don't play to maxi's strengths either, who likes to run onto the ball not get it with his back to goal. We seemed to attack with a lot more pace last season.

We do go route one quite a bit, I think. There have been some games where I wish we would be more patient and have struggled to build from

the back, at times. Especially when Bruno is missing.

We’re by no means playing Pulis or Allardyce ball. But Botman, Trippier, Schar, Pope and to a lesser degree, Longstaff. Will all look for a long diagonal/pass or one over the top into the channel. Bruno is more cultured and shorter with his ‘long’ passes, of course :aww:

We are also very direct from set pieces. Which is probably why the ball is in play less than a lot of teams. As anything near halfway and beyond. We chuck all

the big boys up there and just hump it up to them. Considering how ineffective they are. It’s pretty boring to watch now. Almost Pardew back post to Williamson levels of ineffectiveness. 

Goal kicks are almost always long, too. 

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

We do go route one quite a bit, I think. There have been some games where I wish we would be more patient and have struggled to build from

the back, at times. Especially when Bruno is missing.

We’re by no means playing Pulis or Allardyce ball. But Botman, Trippier, Schar, Pope and to a lesser degree, Longstaff. Will all look for a long diagonal/pass or one over the top into the channel. Bruno is more cultured and shorter with his ‘long’ passes, of course :aww:

We are also very direct from set pieces. Which is probably why the ball is in play less than a lot of teams. As anything near halfway and beyond. We chuck all

the big boys up there and just hump it up to them. Considering how ineffective they are. It’s pretty boring to watch now. Almost Pardew back post to Williamson levels of ineffectiveness. 

Goal kicks are almost always long, too. 

Aye, we're quite big on counter-pressing, so if all else fails we'll play the ball over the top so we can initiate a press to try and force an error.