Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

This is what I was getting at. Willock, ASM, Burn there’s a massive gap in talent. And I think all 3 could have a role for some time to come but Isak could be the boy of boys.  

This is what excites me most about us. There's 3-4 areas at least where we'll probably be able to upgrade pretty massively in the summer, and we're already competing for Europe and cups. 

:fwap:

He was brilliant today, especially in the first half. 

Wolves did well to get some blocks in otherwise he could have had a couple more.

He played with a real swagger today, think that's when you know he's really up for it.

Has to start every game from no until the end of the season.

11 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Imagine when we get another winger, a left-back who can cross the ball and another central-midfielder not just Bruno who can feed him?

One of the reasons we arenn't buying make do and mend players IMO, we really need to save our EPL limited funds for elite players, and they aren't that easy to land. But that's what we are aiming for.

6 minutes ago, Sempiternal said:

His movement is so elite, and for a skinny guy he rarely gets our muscled. Love him. 

Ninja shit, you can’t out muscle what has already left the space you thought he was occupying in the first place. Teleporting mutha fucka! [emoji38]

Him, ASM and Willock linked up together brilliantly. Going by the very limited source material the 3 of them seem quite close in the post match lap thingy. Get them all on the pitch as often as is humanly possible. 

1 minute ago, Disco said:

A player who I genuinely can’t think of an absolute direct comparison for. Current or recent present. 

Remy is the only one who he sort of reminds me off, he’s a lot slimmer though. But the ice cold finishing and his movement does remind of him 

3 minutes ago, Disco said:

A player who I genuinely can’t think of an absolute direct comparison for. Current or recent present. 

Two obvious ones imo but Henry when he was young and gangly, but good in the air, and Ekitike.

I’m not sure he’s way trickier than them in tight situations and is quick but not rapid or as direct. He is a bit of a ghost just popping up wherever even when he’s playing 9. 

Ekitike I’ve nee idea but if you think that then at least we’re targeting player type rather name which is probably a good thing going forward.

Genuinely excited to watch him next season with a full preseason and hopefully no injuries behind him with that little bit of adaptation time taken in to account. 

11 hours ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

He was brilliant today, especially in the first half. 

Wolves did well to get some blocks in otherwise he could have had a couple more.

He played with a real swagger today, think that's when you know he's really up for it.

Has to start every game from no until the end of the season.

This is not wrong. 

9 hours ago, Ginola said:

Class above first half. Some of the link up play between him, ASM and Willock down the left was quality

Glad to finally see our stuff start going down the left. 

Also stoked to see our winner come down the right, if that makes sense.

Hell yeah for balance. 

"I want to clear this up: Isak is fit to play 90 minutes for another team — but just not to my style of play and what I demand. It was no slight on him — he’s very fit.

Not sure what to make of this quote or what Isak is meant to make of it.

3 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

"I want to clear this up: Isak is fit to play 90 minutes for another team — but just not to my style of play and what I demand. It was no slight on him — he’s very fit.

What I make of it is that Eddie Howe is the fucking man.

11 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Means he needs to work his bollocks off and he was, but was looking knackered. Hopefully he gets up to the teams speed with a run of games now and gets a full pre-season under Hower in the summer. Ideally we have some more players come in to help with the burden Howe's demmands. 

10 hours ago, Disco said:

I think he's relatively similar to Rashford actually, although maybe better playing centrally than off the left. Also arguably better natural movement off the ball. 

11 hours ago, Disco said:

Think this video got posted back when we signed Isak but for the people who haven't seen it.

Also I just wanted to say I disagree with the people still saying Isak needs to be played behind or alongside a classic number 9. Just look at the success Arsenal are having with Trossard and Martinelli interchanging between left wing and central. Even before that, Gabriel Jesus who wouldn't be considered as a classic number 9.