Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

We need someone to play alongside him. 

He can't drop off and drift and also be expected to press and be our out ball 

When we're in possession there's no reason he can't. It's up to someone else to take the space he leaves. He's totally wasted standing on a centre half watching the rest of them painfully knock it about trying to create something.

Just now, ElDiablo said:

When we're in possession there's no reason he can't. It's up to someone else to take the space he leaves. He's totally wasted standing on a centre half watching the rest of them painfully knock it about trying to create something.

Which other player is going to take the space he leaves?

If we had someone alongside him it would be that player but we've got no one anywhere near him

7 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Which other player is going to take the space he leaves?

If we had someone alongside him it would be that player but we've got no one anywhere near him

My overall point is we don't have the players to break down an organised low block. Players interchanging positions is a good alternative to creating openings with fast and neat football. For some reason we've become very rigid and predictable.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Broken nose?

2 hours ago, Pilko said:

No service again, but also crap again.

Someone get him a tampon for his nose injury.

Eddie after the match said ball to the eye and his vision was impaired so they had to get him off straight away. 

1 hour ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

Willock will help sort Isak out. Tonali also. 

It will definitely help. Watching Longstaff and Murphy in that first half was painful.

I am being harsh and everyone is spot on that he is feeding on scraps. I do think his general play outside the box can sometimes lack a level of decisiveness or dominance. I think that might just be down to us not being able to dominate teams and him having little to go on. I imagine he'd look ultra imposing in a dominant team where his deficiencies would be hidden.

Loved him being involved in the general play; found we lost everything about us going forward hte minute Longstaff telegraphed a simple pass to the opposition that led to their goal.