Alexander Isak: Nominated for PL POTY & YPOTY

Disco

Easily worth more than 150m. Only Man City or Real Madrid could spend this much and they got Haaland/Mbappe already. He is going no where.

Few Liverpool supporting mates waxing lyrical about him yesterday. Saying they feel like they’d be a lot closer in the title race if they had someone as good as him. Yet acknowledged they wouldn’t be able to afford him. 

Two Arsenal supporting mates still seem to think they’re getting him in the summer. A bit like most of their fanbase on Twitter. 

Like most have said. Who in the current market could realistically afford him? 

Arsenal fans have overtaken Liverpool fans in the deluded stakes. Quite remarkable given they haven’t won the league in twenty years. They’ve had two seasons of looking like a quality team and think they can do whatever they want. Hope Tottenham tear them apart today 

12 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Few Liverpool supporting mates waxing lyrical about him yesterday. Saying they feel like they’d be a lot closer in the title race if they had someone as good as him. Yet acknowledged they wouldn’t be able to afford him. 

Two Arsenal supporting mates still seem to think they’re getting him in the summer. A bit like most of their fanbase on Twitter. 

Like most have said. Who in the current market could realistically afford him? 

Was playing golf with an Arsenal fan last week and he was telling me Isak’s only worth £80m tops 🤣 To make matters worse he thinks Havertz has been worth every penny. Arsenal fans are very weird, because anything but football then he’s a top bloke.

7 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

We can still hunt Spurs down so I'm hoping for the opposite.

No we can't. There is no world where we win all four and Tottenham fail to win at least two.

Edited by healthyaddiction

6 minutes ago, Irish Magpie said:

We can still hunt Spurs down so I'm hoping for the opposite.

I personally hope Spurs win their next two to both knock Arsenal down a peg and make it harder for Chelsea to catch us. I would be over the moon with either 6th or 7th

Pay him as much as we possibly can, with the highest release clause possble (one of those spanish style ones at like £1 billion). One of the only irreplaceable players I've known us to have

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

Best finisher in the league, and he’s the only one I’ve seen do Alison more than once with ease.

I think it's because he's so calm. Ice cold Alex.

3 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Lineker: “Will they have to sell Isak?” Big Al:  “No,nobody has enough money to buy him!”

IMG_0129.thumb.png.83119cab7ce896d421088f41f9e10444.png

🖤🤍

:smitten: 

I actually think he’s the best striker in the world. I have been saying this to everyone around me and they try to debate it and say I’m deluded. I just can’t think of anyone that I’d rather have (even the likes of Mbappe).

He’s on his way to 20 goals in the PL and he’s not been able to run for half the games he played. Imagine him playing for a team challenging for titles, he’d get 40 goals a season no problem - lucky nobody can afford to buy him!

He should take No. 9

9 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Will he keep #14 or take #9 should Wilson leave?

He should take No. 9  to represent the 9 No.1 Singles Abba had in the UK IMO.

5 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I actually think he’s the best striker in the world. I have been saying this to everyone around me and they try to debate it and say I’m deluded. I just can’t think of anyone that I’d rather have (even the likes of Mbappe).

He’s on his way to 20 goals in the PL and he’s not been able to run for half the games he played. Imagine him playing for a team challenging for titles, he’d get 40 goals a season no problem - lucky nobody can afford to buy him!

Think this is jumping the gun a bit. I would argue at the very least Kane is better. And just because he hasn’t hit the same heights as last season, I wouldn’t rule out Haaland just yet either. Possibly a few others would come in to the mix aswell.

2 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

Was playing golf with an Arsenal fan last week and he was telling me Isak’s only worth £80m tops 🤣 To make matters worse he thinks Havertz has been worth every penny. Arsenal fans are very weird, because anything but football then he’s a top bloke.

Let's hope the decision makers at Arsenal etc feel the same way. They can offer £80m, we can tell them to fuck off, everyone moves on.

2 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

Had an almost identical conversation with a former colleague.

He thinks they'll sign him for around £75 million.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Had an almost identical conversation with a former colleague.

He thinks they'll sign him for around £75 million.

Minimum double that

The thing is, accepting any offer could be an opening the floodgates moment, because if you let the crown jewels in Isak go, you're telling everyone that you're not intending to be number 1 like Yasir originally said. It affects the selling and can disrupt morale internally as then Tonali, Botman and Bruno and others who were sold the dream might want to follow suit - whereas they may not have had any intention previously. 

5 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

Eddie saying he wouldn’t swap him for anyone in World suggests to me he’s going absolutely nowhere for a while. 

Theres just no way we’ll sell him this summer. Arsenal will almost certainly go for Toney. 

10 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

The thing is, accepting any offer could be an opening the floodgates moment, because if you let the crown jewels in Isak go, you're telling everyone that you're not intending to be number 1 like Yasir originally said. It affects the selling and can disrupt morale internally as then Tonali, Botman and Bruno and others who were sold the dream might want to follow suit - whereas they may not have had any intention previously. 

We’d be totally screwed trying to find a new striker too, they’re impossible to find. Plus the points you’ve made. 

Isak would have to force a move through and I don’t see that all.

Edited by ExiledGeordie