Isak

Halaand

Kane

Lewandowski

Vlahovic 

Osihmen

Benzema

Lukaku

That's a pretty short list of genuine out and out strikers - feel like we're very lucky to have snagged this lad and £60m will look an absolute bargain when you look at the prices the others could demand / have demanded 

Edited by Thumbheed

16 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Isak

Halaand

Kane

Lewandowski

Vlahovic 

Osihmen

Benzema

Lukaku

That's a pretty short list of genuine out and out striker out there nowadays - feel like we're very lucky to have snagged this lad and £60m will look an absolute bargain when you look at the prices the others could demand / have demanded 

I'd agree that he's in that kind of class. 

He offers an unusual package, and there are strikers in there who you could argue offer a better overall package. But he's the most technically skilful ball player on that list, and we need to build our team around those gifts.

The thing which stuck in my mind was the interview because he seemed so utterly confident in his own worth. Looked like he was pissed that he's not started more games if I'm honest, and I fucking love that.

Should probably be thankful looking back at Wilson picking up that knock against Man City in August. Plus, IIRC, Sociedad changed the release clause from 85m to 63m? We might not have this sleek beautiful elite CF in our ranks right now if it wasn't for those stars aligning.

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Wilson been a class player for us. Dont think we should laugh him off yet. Isak been one of the most talented young strikers for years so it was only a matter of time before he would shine.

Oh I love Wilson, just levels and all that.

Got real potential to become a pressing freak with those legs. He also does this thing sometimes when the defender has the ball he then starts to jog into an angle and then suddenly hammer it after them in no time.

Been a big Wilson fan but he's just nowhere near the same level as a footballer.

1 minute ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Got real potential to become a pressing freak with those legs. He also does this thing sometimes when the defender has the ball he then starts to jog into an angle and then suddenly hammer it after them in no time.

Been a big Wilson fan but he's just nowhere near the same level as a footballer.

It's just nice not to have an alternative to Wilson tbh, we did need that badly.

Some lovely link up with ASM and Willock. But I would love to see him link up with a player like Maddison, Foden or Bernardo Silva. He’s got that beautiful touch, link up and movement. 

Him and ASM have some chemistry. But ASM will always do ASM things, he’s a linky player and ASM isn’t really.  

Edited by The College Dropout

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Imagine when we get another winger, a left-back who can cross the ball and another central-midfielder not just Bruno who can feed him?

This is what I was getting at. Willock, ASM, Burn there’s a massive gap in talent. And I think all 3 could have a role for some time to come but Isak could be the boy of boys.