Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, Shak said:

I'm going to go ahead and call it.

If he stays fit and plays here for another three years, he'll come to be known as the best player NUFC has ever had.

You might well be right.  It feels like a privilege watching the lad play.  I still can’t fathom watching a player this good in B&W. 

4 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Well its only Real Madrid who could buy him outside the PL and they will probably get that french fella

Was thinking about PL clubs like City and Chelsea tbh, but City have got Haaland. Man U would be another team who might like him, but if we can match the wages in the next couple of years then obviously no player would want to be anywhere else.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Was thinking about PL clubs like City and Chelsea tbh, but City have got Haaland. Man U would be another team who might like him, but if we can match the wages in the next couple of years then obviously no player would want to be anywhere else.

Manu just bought their on striker project for 70m. City got Haaland as you say. Pool spent 70/80m on their own striker project. He not going anywhere for some time.

We’re going to lose a great player to a bigger club eventually imo. Obviously this is a great situation and we can match wages, but we can’t realistically offer a league or CL win, and perhaps more importantly, we’re not a club like Real Madrid which a lot of these players will have grown up dreaming of playing for. 

The upside to that is if it does happen, it will be for silly money, and I trust those in charge to reinvest the funds wisely.

1 minute ago, oldtype said:

We’re going to lose a great player to a bigger club eventually imo. Obviously this is a great situation and we can match wages, but we can’t realistically offer a league or CL win, and perhaps more importantly, we’re not a club like Real Madrid which a lot of these players will have grown up dreaming of playing for. 

The upside to that is if it does happen, it will be for silly money, and I trust those in charge to reinvest the funds wisely.

If this lad is still here in three years’ time it’s because we’ve joined that bracket of club, and we’re elite-level. 

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If this lad is still here in three years’ time it’s because we’ve joined that bracket of club, and we’re elite-level. 

In three years we might be the way we are going. I seriously think we'll get into the qualifying stages of the CL this season.

Just now, Menace said:

Froggy said we overpaid for him iirc and then man u go and spend £72m on some danish lad 

To be fair, as a Man Utd fan he’ll know overpaying when he sees it. Antony, Maguire, Sancho, Fred, Wank Bissaka, Hoijland to be next?

8 minutes ago, Menace said:

Froggy said we overpaid for him iirc and then man u go and spend £72m on some danish lad 

Froggy was just looking at how many he scored that one season.

Doubt he ever properly watched him play before.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Froggy was just looking at how many he scored that one season.

Doubt he ever properly watched him play before.

I know my stuff KaKa. I watch a lot of football. Stats will always be used to argue points. And stats are important. 

You say "that one season" though. What about last season when Isak was the best thing since sliced bread but had a worse goal contribution rate per 90 than Anthony Martial? ;)

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

He's already lost tbh.

I never lose. 

27 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Anyway, guy is clearly an excellent player. He took his tap in and gift from Konsa very well today. 

Much harder games to come. He is very fun to watch though. 

Froggy is a pro troller :lol: 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

This lad is impossible to contain, he’s just too good for pretty much everyone 

He's every inch world class, like.

We'd be paying 100 mill in the current market if we'd not have bought him when we did

2 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Froggy is a pro troller :lol: 

The key is to just tell the truth Cuba. People don't like it. :lol:

This season should be fun. Everybody is going to be in good form because we're both going to be class. :bluestar: