Alexander Isak

Disco

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Even that’s a stretch 

Nah, he is proven at that level and despite his lack of goals for us, proven at PL level too, I think it was 3-fold. We were desperate, he’d have been quality for us if we went down and signing him weakened Burnley.

Edited by HTT II

For my fellow plane nonces:

Couple of Netjets (private charters that we've used a few times before) have just landed at Biarritz: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/cs-che / https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/cs-dxz. It's the closest international airport to San Sebastian, where Real Sociedad are based.

Maybe one for our lads? And one for Isak and his crew?

Can only see 7 days of data, but neither plane has been there in the past week.

Also, this one went from Cambridge to Bilbao yesterday morning: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/cs-chf. That's also only an hour or so from San Sebastian, so could feasibly have been Ashworth, Nickson, and whoever else flying out (Downie has reported that they're already in Spain).

Just now, HTT II said:

Nah, he is proven at that level and despite his lack of goals for us, although at PL level, I think it was 3-fold. We were desperate, he’d have been quality for us if we went down and weakened Burnley.

This has been absolutely done to death, mainly by me, so I’ll just say “nah” and leave it there. (We were desperate is the only right answer btw).

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

This has been absolutely done to death, mainly by me, so I’ll just say “nah” and leave it there. (We were desperate is the only right answer btw).

Howay, it’s not a big stretch to think some of the thinking in singing him was that a) he could help us stay up (which he did), b) that should we go down we have a player who has scored a lot at that level and proved himself and b) we are signing Burnley, a relegation threatened rival’s main centre-forward. 

Edited by HTT II

2 hours ago, buzza said:

His best season was 20-21 when he was playing right hand side, some amazing goals.

when he is on form he is unstoppable.

Has not reached those heights again but has been more central when he has played.

I like him a lot! 

So he could potentially replace Almiron in a starting 11?

If course we wait for the first day of my holiday for that mystical "the next player we sign we won't hear about till it's nearly done" signing. Been refreshing Twitter on spotty hotel WiFi all afternoon here. Just wanted to say this is mental. The lad is a huge talent. 

23 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I'd argue £60m for Isak is reasonable value, it's certainly overpaying but the fact there are so few players like him actually available and we needed a ST desperately  

Don't know who you're trying to kid here. It's clearly not. It could turn out to be a decent fee depending on how he takes to the league and develops, but right now we are over paying to get a striker.

46 minutes ago, joeyt said:

So Ando was right again

:shifty:

It doesn’t take a genius to think going in to the final week of the window that things would ‘hot up’ as always it was perfectly vague for him. 

anyway not really the time. Let’s just enjoy the excitement. I can’t get enough Isak content 

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Don't know who you're trying to kid here. It's clearly not. It could turn out to be a decent fee depending on how he takes to the league and develops, but right now we are over paying to get a striker.

Read my post again, I use the exact word overpaying. We are overpaying but it's reasonable to do so considering the position we are in with such a lack of attacking options and Wilsons injury record. 

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Read my post again, I use the exact word overpaying. We are overpaying but it's reasonable to do so considering the position we are in with such a lack of attacking options and Wilsons injury record. 

Plus, we will likely overpay for most signings because clubs know we have mountains to cash to spend if we really want a player. Got to get used to it. 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Liverpool are paying like 100m for that unhinged Uruguayan, the going rate for one of the most promising <=22 year old forwards out there was never going to be 30-40m really.

And Napoli paid 75m for Osimhen as well (worth it now, of course).