Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

It's allowed to be excited for the signing and at the same time recognize that at current time he isn't worth what we allegedly are paying. 

Just glad we're getting an attacking player in, and couldn't really care how much we paid, but I find it strange how some are so quick to claim it's fair, reasonable price or even a bargain. He's the "next level" type of player we are paying more than any other club is willing to do. That's about it.

Aren't people allowed to think it's a fair and reasonable price?

I just don't understand why the price the club is paying is an issue for any of us 

This is the game that other teams have been playing for two decades now while we've been scratting about poor as church mice 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

You can think so, but I'm also allowed to point out it's ridiculous to think so.

Edited by Conjo

Just now, Pata said:

They are,  however, and while I don't care about what we pay for players given it's not my money, the price does seem a bit steep based on his performances last season. That being said, based on the season before that it seems reasonable. :lol: Either way, let's be happy and hope we can bring in two more apart from Isak. 

8 minutes ago, Awaymag said:

I dont give a fuck!

Its not our money, its change PIF have found down the back of the sofa.

I've never got that attitude.

Its less money our club can spend in the future and its not Shearer/Haaland where its just a nailed on success.

No different to champ manager. Its not my money on there but you've still got to be sensible with it.

No different to signing Owen or whoever. Looks good but made a lot of us uncomfortable.

Its our clubs money. That's always bothered me personally.

Edited by Wolfcastle

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

You can think so, but I'm also allowed to point out it's ridiculous to think so.

Why is it strange or ridiculous though? Do you know better than anyone else?

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

How’s it ridiculous when compared to other top level European strikers ? Strikers always carry a premium and there’s not many top drawer ones around.

Edited by Whitley mag

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I just don't understand why the price the club is paying is an issue for any of us 

This is the game that other teams have been playing for two decades now while we've been scratting about poor as church mice 

Exactly this! The only point at which we should care is if they are putting the club status in jeopardy with frivolous and continuous overspending.  Players cost money, the good players cost alot of money and the great ones cost more than what we have ever spent.

Times are changing and thank fuck we have the opportunity now as a club to change with them.

Edited by Mazzy

5 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I couldn't care - bring it on. He's clsss 

5 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

Any word on how their fans are reacting to this? I don't speak any Spanish.

Reading the El Diario Vasco that broke the news (I think?), they seem to think this was an offer they just couldn't refuse. They're sad to see him go, but the money is just too good to turn down. 

It would never have been a point of discussion if nobody had started to trot out posts claiming its a fair/reasonable/good price and instead just been happy over the player we are getting. It's just annoying as you're trying to project a narrative which isn't true. 

I'm fully onboard the just be glad we're getting an exciting player wagon. I'm not harping on anymore about the fee from this post on. Off to youtube to find a few compilations of the guy with awful background music.

Edited by Conjo

:lol:  absolutely no one should be thinking "wow, we really got a steal here." This isn't a Pope v2.0 transfer like. Forwards always cost a ton, we have a pressing need, he is still highly rated (despite last season) and a long term target. He's been marked up a bit but not egregiously imo. Very happy to have him join regardless.

11 minutes ago, Conjo said:

It would never have been a point of discussion if nobody had been starting to trot out posts claiming its a fair/reasonable/good price and instead just been happy over the player we are getting. It's just annoying as you're trying to project a narrative which isn't true. 

I'm fully onboard the just be glad we're getting an exciting player wagon. I'm not harping on anymore about the fee from this post on. Off to youtube to find a few compilations of the guy with awful background music.

Jesus Christ. Fofana will probably end up costing way more, Gordon (apparently) and Cucurella the same. Morgan Gibbs-White was up to £42.5m. 

Have you upgraded your fair value sheet in recent decades?

Edited by Pata