Alexander Isak

Disco

Just now, christ said:

I don’t think we’re overpaying at all. He has the potential to be absolutely phenomenal. He’s only 22.

He has amazing raw talent and playing for his national team regularly. Speed, technique and somewhat two footed. If Howe can unlock his potential we will laugh at the fee. It’s a gamble but he has seemingly been the number one choice so I assume Howe has a plan already ready for him. 

3 minutes ago, worthy said:

He has amazing raw talent and playing for his national team regularly. Speed, technique and somewhat two footed. If Howe can unlock his potential we will laugh at the fee. It’s a gamble but he has seemingly been the number one choice so I assume Howe has a plan already ready for him. 

A plan you say! :smitten: isn’t following our club a fucking rollercoaster ride.

onwards and upwards  :indi:

I don't see it as overpaying either. He's an established striker who is still very young with potential to be even better. It's not a steal but absolutely fair value IMO. I know I would rather pay £60m for him than Gordon (who I like too).

Edited by Pata

Just now, Pata said:

I don't see it as overpaying either. He's an established striker who is still very young with potential to be even better. It's not a steal but absolutely fair value IMO. I know I would rather pay £60m for him than Gordon who I like too.

Gordon at 60mill is strange if Paqueta is 33mill.

1 hour ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I see RTG is up to the same old bollocks. From 'haha, you're signing Burnley players lolz' and 'signings no different to what Ashley made' to 'that's a lot of money for someone with that track record'. :lol:

Grigg at 3,000,000 is a better buy than Isak at 59,000,000. Same goes for Johnson/Bruno.

£4£ Champs!!

10 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

A plan you say! :smitten: isn’t following our club a fucking rollercoaster ride.

onwards and upwards  :indi:

It has been a 35 year long rollercoaster ride of anger, happiness and sadness.

But it’s truly something to see a Newcastle attacking a man city side that is truly master class. 

I forgot to mention Isak’s work rate and stamina as a very very big plus especially for the system it looks like Howe wants to play

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

I love that were flexing our muscles but his stats and the reports you hear, I probably wouldn't sign him at all much less for this price.

Got to be better out there for better value.

:dowie:

9 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

The striker market is so tough at the moment. 60m seems to be the starting point for most of the strikers with his profile and hype. We were quoted the same for DCL. 

I think this is more the way to look at it. Yes it's £60m, but he's worth that more so than Gordon or Fofana or Cucurella or DCL or Antony (€94m quoted recently which Man Utd are willing to pay).

In that respect someone who has proven they can score goals and still is young enough to improve and adapt make absolute sense. Especially in the exact position we've been desperately trying to sign someone for the last however many seasons.

6 minutes ago, OpenC said:

I can only assume that it's the years of neglect which are forcing people into this Hmmm That's A Bit Much thinking

It's allowed to be excited for the signing and at the same time recognize that at current time he isn't worth what we allegedly are paying. 

Just glad we're getting an attacking player in, and couldn't really care how much we paid, but I find it strange how some are so quick to claim it's fair, reasonable price or even a bargain. He's the "next level" type of player we are paying more for than any other club is willing to do. That's about it.

Edited by Conjo