Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United (28/08/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, POOT 2.0 said:

Wood off.

I just can't get into the Wood appreciation club. I don't hate him, like. Obviously I always hope he scores...but he's really a spent player. Such a plodder that looks bored with life.

He only pulls a defender by the very fact he's existing. Nothing to do with skill (as has been used as support in the past). He kills momentum more than he contributes positively to it. 

Since day one he's noticeably been without any instinct to be in the right place at the right time. A shadow of the player at Leeds, for example. 

Hate for me is probably a bit strong. But I truly dislike seeing him play cause he offers nothing of value. He occupies all the wrong spaces, cant position himself when we go on the counter, when he first gets the ball everything slows down to a halt. Fair enough he can be effective at pressing somewhat, but he is a fucking striker and we need goals.

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Wood off.

I just can't get into the Wood appreciation club. I don't hate him, like. Obviously I always hope he scores...but he's really a spent player. Such a plodder that looks bored with life.

He only pulls a defender by the very fact he's existing. Nothing to do with skill (as has been used as support in the past). He kills momentum more than he contributes positively to it. 

Since day one he's noticeably been without any instinct to be in the right place at the right time. A shadow of the player at Leeds, for example. 

It’s just the level of hatred for him I can’t understand or get behind. He plays fine and it’s like he’s missed 6 sitters. He scores and gets no credit. It’s bizarre. He’s not good enough for where we’re going, but comparisons to Riviere for example are just embarrassing. He works his arse off and for that alone I’m happy to have him in the squad as a backup or plan B. 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

It’s just the level of hatred for him I can’t understand or get behind. He plays fine and it’s like he’s missed 6 sitters. He scores and gets no credit. It’s bizarre. He’s not good enough for where we’re going, but comparisons to Riviere for example are just embarrassing. He works his arse off and for that alone I’m happy to have him in the squad as a backup or plan B. 

What does he do? Doesn't score, doesn't make intelligent runs, doesn't hold the ball up. I actually think it's astonishing how well thought of he is by a big percentage of our support.

He exists as a body, nothing more.