Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United (28/08/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, geordie_b said:

I think one is an acceptance of ability, the other is a perceived lack of desire

Ah the old languid running style= lack of effort thing.

Thought Willock was alright aside from his miss, he was easily our most successful presser. I counted at least 4 times he pressed and won it back.

Anderson played really well when he came on, it's a shame he doesn't play in Longstaff's position.

9 minutes ago, Stottie said:

Obviously wants a job at the Guardian.

Hard to bear mate, but Squeeze Louise has some "I am a Palestinian refugee"(*) type blurb going on, so you'll not out-virtue her.

(*) I do support the Palestinian cause, if that's what it was. I just don't need it from football reporters. The bar for them is set at "do you really respect the fans?"

He’d fit in superbly with the mackem piss head Glendenning on there.

11 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Bruno Lage is woeful though, Wolves could be a great side with a manager who can get that team firing.

Yep, criminal how crap they look given how much talent they have.

Guest reefatoon
10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Absolutely no idea why anyone would single out Willock after that performance from Longstaff. It was shocking.

Yep, he was fucking woeful. Can’t understand how a player can give the ball away so many times when under absolutely no pressure. Also lost count at the amount of times our cbs were kicking off as they had no outlet to pass the ball too. 

Edited by reefatoon

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’m shocked so many on here don’t see that as a really positive result.

I would'v taken a draw before the game all day long. That being said, Howe needs to tell the players to fuck off away from Trippier with free-kicks in that position. Anderson midweek playing it quickly and now Schär taking it. 

Happy with that and think it's a fair result. If anyone deserved to win it would be us, but that's a decent point on the road.

Wolves will be a bit disappointed thinking they had won the game (rightfully called off), but they didn't do enough to win.

Tough game next, and the unbeaten run will be thoroughly tested, but still unbeaten for now, feel good factor well in tact, a record signing to come in, hopefully one or two more. Just an unbelievable contrast to this time last season.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

You clearly didn't watch much of the Bruce era if that reminded you of it like :lol: 

64% possession, man! :lol:

21 shots (6 on target) away from home! 

Bruceball! 

Just now, cubaricho said:

Cannot believe Longstaff was on the pitch the whole time. 

But he is literally the only one in the squad who can play that role, we had no real choice. I expect that to change this week in the transfer market.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

For me, it's positive in that we still got something from it against clear adversity in the form of shit officiating and a draw is of course better than a loss. Think Wolves were there for the taking really, but maybe starting with Wood was a mistake, he's just not up to it.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

We looked good throughout, but Wolves [the other team, remember them?] looked a bit better.

Wood isn't a top forward, we know. 

Dodging the question, fair enough. Apologize for a dogshit player all you want. Wont make him better.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

So fucking sick of getting robbed by the ref against Wolves, like. Should've had six points against them in the last Rafa season and got one. We should absolutely have had a pen for that shirt pull. It's soft but it's always a foul ffs.

Don't understand why they never give shirt pulls in the box, penalty all day. Wolves constantly getting in the refs face also pissed me off, the amount of times they tried to get a Newcastle player booked was ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, Klaus said:

That is a sign of the spirit this team now has.

Not a great performance, but we never gave up and got probably a fair result. If we had a fully fit team, we would have won today.

Still unbeaten in the league as well.

Only lost to last season’s incarnation of City and Liverpool in our last 13 competitive games. Not bad at all.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

It's a decent result, but they were just so bad man.

We had 21 shots (6 on target) and 13 corners today. And ended with 64% possession too.

Really glad we at least got a point though, a loss would have been sickening.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Ah the old languid running style= lack of effort thing.

Thought Willock was alright aside from his miss, he was easily our most successful presser. I counted at least 4 times he pressed and won it back.

Anderson played really well when he came on, it's a shame he doesn't play in Longstaff's position.

Sorry, Willock was the worst player for us on the pitch with Burn and Wood (at least in the first 45). It's not even debatable. Doesn't seem to care at all.

Just now, Flip said:

Sorry, Willock was the worst player for us on the pitch with Burn and Wood (at least in the first 45). It's not even debatable. Doesn't seem to care at all.

A poor performance is not related to effort and pashun.

Just now, dave s said:

fair result in the end. and the sort of game away from home we’d get nowt from in past. happy with a draw 

I disagree, we had way more fouls against us that just weren't given when they clearly should, including a blatant pen for the shirt/arm pull on Longstaff. It's nice though that we're in a position where I feel I can see matches like this as two missed points.

Negatives: We could've won it at the death, maybe some more injuries.

Positives: Still unbeaten despite being short of our two best players. 

One thing I loved is that the Wolves No.9 clearly had that stupid fucking eye patch on all game ready to wear to celebrate. And he did. And it was disallowed......Womp womp. [emoji38]

An entertaining match, would watch again.