Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United (28/08/2022)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

:lol:

Obviously wants a job at the Guardian.

Hard to bear mate, but Squeeze Louise has some "I am a Palestinian refugee"(*) type blurb going on, so you'll not out-virtue her.

(*) I do support the Palestinian cause, if that's what it was. I just don't need it from football reporters. The bar for them is set at "do you really respect the fans?"

Thought it was a decent performance all things considered. Away from home against a tricky team, missing key players, injuries picked up through the game... Yet we still had more than twice as many shots and dominated the ball. 

Not too many clear cut chances for either team though, so a draw is probably fair. 

Weirdly again felt like 2 points dropped by the end. I’m not sure enough has been made of the penalty we didn’t get - it was an undeniable foul in the box. Hit the bar, willock sitter… I don’t feel like Wolves really cut us open much. 

Circumstances of injury means it’s another good point. 

Longstaff and Willock look distinctly second best to Bruno and Shelvey for me.

Will absolutely take that in the circumstances. The result could have gone either way and I think with Bruno we win that. 

It was very much another day after the lord mayor's show performance from ASM, but what a goal that was.

Pope - 7

Trippier - 7

Schar - 7

Botman - 7

Burn - 6/Targett - 7

Longstaff - 3

Joelinton - 6

Willock - 6

ASM - 7

Wood - 6

Almiron - 6

Fraser - 6

Anderson - 7

Murphy - 6

Edited by Kid Icarus

If Anderson gets around 20 mins or starts we win this game.

Honestly, if the alternative is Willock, I'm starting Anderson instead.

I was annoyed with Willock against Tranmere where Anderson outperformed him, and again today he was poor and worse than that just casual as ever.

Great that we got a point but this game was right there for us, even without Bruno, Wilson and Isak. However, missing those three and then having Willock in there strolling around was just too much in the end.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Will absolutely take that in the circumstances. The result could have gone either way and I think with Bruno we win that. 

It was very much another day after the lord mayor's show performance from ASM, but what a goal that was.

Pope - 7

Trippier - 7

Schar - 7

Botman - 7

Burn - 6/Targett - 7

Longstaff - 3

Joelinton - 6

Willock - 6

ASM - 7

Wood - 6

Almiron - 6

Fraser - 6