Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United (28/08/2022)

Yorkie

10 minutes ago, Techno 999 said:

Have actually played 11 aside competitive football before? The   stats favoured us because we made a load of mistakes? Embarrassing!

I didn't say that though. I said we had the stats, but due to our mistakes the game played out very differently and allowed Wolves in it.

You can have possession, have shots at goal, create corners, but if you make mistakes all over the shop like we did today then the opposition are right back on you and the games balance tips in their favour, or at last to equal, which is where we found ourselves. 

Embarrassing? Behave.

Just now, Klaus said:

It looked nasty on the replay, but it wasn't deliberate.

Aye, although not being deliberate doesn't stop it being a red. I've forgotten the poster earlier who changed their mind, one angle makes it look high but the contact was on the foot, so yellow was adequate. Would have hurt though mind [emoji38]

We were much better than I expected when I saw the starting lineup, overall we were the better side and dominated good chunks of the game, although we lacked quality in the final 3rd. That’s partly due to Wolves sitting deep and defending well. It would’ve been tragic to not come away with something from the game.

Just now, Dokko said:

I didn't say that though. I said we had the stats, but due to our mistakes the game played out very differently and allowed Wolves in it.

You can have possession, have shots at goal, create corners, but if you make mistakes all over the shop like we did today then the opposition are right back on you and the games balance tips in their favour, or at last to equal, which is where we found ourselves. 

Embarrassing? Behave.

I was being kind! You said the possession favoured us because of the mistakes we made! Have you ever played competitive football?

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Always forget how much Wolves fans hate Hwang and their manager. Always a good read when we get a result against them

https://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/wolves-1-1-newcastle-verdict-thread.37931/

We've played Fulham and Newcastle at home so far, how many of their players (who played in those games) would get in our starting XI as a genuine improvement? You might take Tripper, Saint Maximin and Mitrovic at a push, the rest are clearly either on the same level or inferior.

Incredible

16 minutes ago, madras said:

I would. Neither goal was fortunate, we had a stone wall pen turned down and hit the bar. They had 2 other good chances. We dominated possession and had more shots both on and off target.

It only looks like we sneaked it because of the timing of Maxis equaliser.

We also had the Willock chance, that save from Maxi just after the goal and Botman mistiming his jump when contact was a certain goal. This without Bruno, Wilson or Isak

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

To be fair their team on paper looked miles better than ours today. Makes the point gained even more impressive

Was practically the Portuguese national teams midfield wasn’t it ? Easy to be harsh on certain players today, but the reality is that was a cracking result with the players we had out. 

9 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Bruno Lage going on about how they dominated and how we stole a point….

Wtf! The man is delusional.

This is what managers do when they're under pressure.

33 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

I disagree.

Would anyone have really felt aggrieved had we lost that 1-0?  

I wouldn't have. The goal they scored was fortunate but very well taken and they missed 2 other huge chances that could've take the game away from us well before we equalised.

The final third was poor. Overall performance without Bruno or Wilson, 2 of our major players, wasn't poor.

18 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Bruno Lage going on about how they dominated and how we stole a point….

Wtf! The man is delusional.

That's when you need the interviewer to say "Thay had 64% possession, 200 more passes, more shots on and off target.....what the fuck are you going on about ? "

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, madras said:

That's when you need the interviewer needs to say "Thay had 64% possession, 200 more passes, more shots on and off target.....what the fuck are you going on about ? "

Weird how they’re not allowed to do that isn’t it.

2 minutes ago, Techno 999 said:

20 years from the age of 9 even played for Newcastle boys! My brother played semi pro for 15 years and just laughed at your assessment!

Well as long as your brother agrees then that's me told. 

Can't believe I've missed your glistening career.  At least it makes your opinion more valid on the internet. 20 year well spent.

Just now, Dokko said:

Well as long as your brother agrees then that's me told. 

Can't believe I've missed your glistening career.  At least it makes your opinion more valid on the internet. 20 year well spent.

You asked the question all I did was answer it?

Guest HTT II

I thought we were pretty good on and off the ball today without being great, we were the best team in the second half and were constantly pushing for an equaliser and then a winner. There wasn’t much between the two teams. The game showed, however, remove Wilson and Bruno and we are pretty much toothless up front and on the attack. The spirit and togetherness in the squad is huge and you always feel under Howe this team will compete for every ball and will not give in and will also be extremely hard to beat. I was very happy with the result, but if we are to be a top 6 side, we obviously need extra attacking quality. 5 unbeaten in all comps, I’ll take that!