Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

46 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Sigh. The thing is broadly I agree, financial disparity between clubs leads to uneven competition. It is bad. I would like in an ideal world to be competing to win league etc based on merit of performance etc. We are a long way off that now, we have a decade of neglect to invest before we are on a similar level but he is right assuming no change of circumstances ultimately there isn't a financial ceiling. It's absolutely not fair. The league is best competitive and I hope we have success without having substantially outspent rivals. I have confidence that we will be able to as the model is to spend sensibly etc anyway.

But it is absolutely unbearable to hear a manager who has spent £75m on a defender (money well spent of course) and loads and loads of money pretend to be a fucking under funded underdog. Absolutely pathetic. 

If Brighton came out with teh same stuff genuinely they have invested super sensibly and competing they absolutely should be rewarded with being competitive with the best. Absolutely pathetic to hear from Klopp. Pathetic pity me crap. He's achieved a lot, doesn't need to pretend he has done so as some moral parsimonious monk.

And for the record if Eddie came out with anything self pitying about not having investment, he can fuck off with it. But he won't because he is doing best he can with what he has been given. He is in a position where he will not have the excuse of lack of investment, but I suspect he will not resort to that. Fuck off klopp. 

They also spent over 80 million on Nunez. Klopp, his club and his club's supporters, are all self righteous cunts. They are having a bad patch for the first time in a few years, and as usual, all the scouse cunts do is whine about everything else, apart from themselves. 

Edited by et tu brute

There obviously is a ceiling, as the owners of Klopp’s club have been doing their level best to make football a closed shop for years.  There is a massive problem with footballing economics at present, but this hypocritical cunt would do well to look at his own employers and their actions before voicing opinions on others.  Or did he forget the various dodgy rules Liverpool have been a sponsor of in the PL, or their willingness to jump onboard with that Super League pish?  Klopp and his ilk can get fucked frankly, they’re in no position to jump on a high horse. 

Find it difficult to disagree too much with what he has said, tbh. Football is fucked, there are more clubs too blame than just ourselves though, we are the latest and most egregious example. It’s the whole system of finances in football as Tiresias alluded to in his excellently worded post. 

Edited by Rafalove

7 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Find it difficult to disagree too much with what he has said, tbh. Football is fucked, there are more clubs too blame than just ourselves though, we are the latest and most egregious example. It’s the whole system of finances in football as Tiresias alluded to in his excellently worded post. 

Thing is his clubs played just as much a part in the elitism at the top of football as any other. Man U as well. 

They're jhst heading for a down turn in their success cycles and can't handle it. 

His point isn't invalid but he must realise that Liverpool have played a part in it becoming a problem. Not all growth for top clubs has been organic... Football was fucked before state-based ownership came along.

Tbh, I don't want to see us become dodgy commercial dealers and ridiculous spenders. I really like what the approach appears to be at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

His point isn't invalid but he must realise that Liverpool have played a part in it becoming a problem. Not all growth for top clubs has been organic... Football was fucked before state-based ownership came along.

Tbh, I don't want to see us become dodgy commercial dealers and ridiculous spenders. I really like what the approach appears to be at the moment.

Whilst I agree with you that I wouldn’t want us in any way to be involved with dodgy deals, I would want is to be able to get the best deals we can in line with what other premier league clubs are getting.

None of this “we don’t think that’s a fair representation of what you should be getting “ by the premier league (after been told by the so called big clubs how much we’re allowed ).

We are all in the same competition and should therefore all be allowed to maximise our revenues the same as any other club in that same competition.

If Liverpool/Man City etc are allowed to have sponser for £50m a season, why aren’t we? Surely it goes against anti competition laws.

People saying they don’t disagree too much with what he’s saying needs qualifying a bit. Yes, football is fucked financially and totally broken but it has been for years, Klopp’s not saying all this because of that, he’s saying it because he feels Liverpool are threatened. He’s also dangerously unhinged nowadays. I would love for proper financial reform in football that levels the playing field and hopefully we get it for the right reasons, not to keep the Liverpools of the league happy 

28 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We've got far more in common with the scousers than most other areas' populations. It's a shame some people have disdain for them and have sided with the people who should be our common enemies.

Couldn't care less about Scousers. This isn't what it's about for me. This is about Liverpool Football Club. The club, along with Spurs, who were the main opposition to our takeover because they didn't want the competition when, at the time they were plotting to join a European Super League anyway. The club who forced residents out of their homes so that they could increase the capacity of Anfield. This is also about Jurgen Klopp. A bloke I can't stand. Another massive hypocrite who does nothing but whinge.

I've got nothing against Scousers personally and you are right in what you say. We do have more in common with them than most others.

32 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

We've got far more in common with the scousers than most other areas' populations. It's a shame some people have disdain for them and have sided with the people who should be our common enemies.

My disdain for them is built on years of going there and their fans (both blue and red) being snide as fuck.