Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

I was still raging this morning and it wasn't made any better by the media love-in for Liverpuke. That said, it's in the past now, we know we deserved at least a point and that they had to rely on help from the ref to match us, So I've drawn a line under it for myself and moved on, the scouse scum aren't worth bothering my blood pressure about, they're a club/team of cheats and unprofessional wankers with victim complexes.

Some of the hysteria on social media from Liverpool fans last night amd today has been hilarious. I've seen us been compared to;

90's Crazy Gang Wimbledon

Peak Pulis Stoke

More cynical than Athletico Madrid and any Italian side.

🤣🤣

Their sense of self-entitlement of SOME of their fans really knows no bounds. And they wonder why they are so incredibly unpopular?

Edited by UncleBingo

5 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Some of the hysteria on social media from Liverpool fans last night has been hilarious. I've seen us been compared to;

90's Crazy Gang Wimbledon

Peak Pulis Stoke

More cynical than Athletico Madrid and any Italian side.

🤣🤣

Their sense of self-entitlement of SOME of their fans really knows no bounds. And they wonder why they are so incredibly unpopular?

This is what I don't get.  You think they'd be buzzing because of a last minute winner, in a game where they have played poorly and been totally shutdown for about an hour at home by a hlf strength NUFC.  But instead it's all about how we're anti-football, worse than Burnley, the new Stoke, dirty players, cheats etc etc.  

You think they'd be a bit more thick skinned than that in their position.  I guess most teams try and frustrate them and slow the game down.  We just got it spot on and they hated it. They're feeling the heat due to being so far off Man City and seemingly even Arsenal at this point.    

I've liked Liverpool since Klopp went there.  But they went on like a pack of absolute cunts last night.  Fuck them, the Klopp 7 year curse can actually become a thing now for all I care. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

1 hour ago, Pata said:

Once again, there’s no clear and obvious in offsides. Also linesman’s opinion doesn’t mean shit when they start to draw the lines. 

I know. That isn’t my point. I’m saying it was at best marginally on, but far too close to tell with the naked eye and if video technology can’t correct it then we have no reason to overturn the original decision.

If VAR instead overturned a goal I’d be annoyed, but in this case it’s the fault of the linesman and rules that don’t allow for any leeway, which is a VAR-related issue I admit. 

Scouse fans are just trying to rationalize the fear that they feel of possibly never getting a new Manchester United style golden era because they were just never quite good enough and now another team is waking from its decades long hiatus :shifty:

Poor fuckers are more to be pitied than scorned :)

Edited by OpenC

Sat in amongst the Liverpool fans last night (the Kop was on my left - not sure which stand that is). 

90% of the game, those around me done nothing but winge and complain, about us, about the ref, about their own team - you'd think they were shite the way some of them were going on. Finally sang a couple of songs when they scored. The Kop was singing most of the game. That said, the noise when they scored the second was pretty nuts. 

Just now, Armchair Pundit said:

I was still raging this morning and it wasn't made any better by the media love-in for Liverpuke. That said, it's in the past now, we know we deserved at least a point and that they had to rely on help from the ref to match us, So I've drawn a line under it for myself and moved on, the scouse scum aren't worth bothering my blood pressure about, they're a club/team of cheats and unprofessional wankers with victim complexes.

Fully get this. I’ve been in a foul mood all day. I actually dashed the milk bottle on the floor outside in tempter last night. I’ve never done that😂

28 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

This is what I don't get.  You think they'd be buzzing because of a last minute winner, in a game where they have played poorly and been totally shutdown for about an hour at home by a hlf strength NUFC.  But instead it's all about how we're anti-football, worse than Burnley, the new Stoke, dirty players, cheats etc etc.  

You think they'd be a bit more thick skinned than that in their position.  I guess most teams try and frustrate them and slow the game down.  We just got it spot on and they hated it. They're feeling the heat due to being so far off Man City and seemingly even Arsenal at this point.    

I've liked Liverpool since Klopp went there.  But they went on like a pack of absolute cunts last night.  Fuck them, the Klopp 7 year curse can actually become a thing now for all I care. 

What’s to get? They’re cunts. It’s not particularly complex :lol:

35 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Sad to say it included Henry Winter, a journalist I've always had time for, even he was on the Liverpool wank train claiming they deserved victory over our gamesmanship and spoiler attitude. I really don't know if they were watching the same game as the rest of us. It should have been 2-0, it was us who got robbed.

Didn’t think it was possible to hate Liverpool more than I did before. Can see their decline. Not a City fan but I fucking love it that they won’t be even close to them this season. 

Edited by Ikon

23 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Didn’t think it was possible to hate Liverpool more than I did before. Can see their decline. Not a City fan but I fucking love it that they won’t be even close to them this season. 

They will. They'll get the breaks when they need them. Title race is a huge money spinner. 

2 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

They will. They'll get the breaks when they need them. Title race is a huge money spinner. 

True. But I disagree. I think City are way too good for them this year. Liverpool have got worse imo too.

37 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Fully get this. I’ve been in a foul mood all day. I actually dashed the milk bottle on the floor outside in tempter last night. I’ve never done that😂

35 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The bottle throwing incident is being investigated.

Sounds like Blanco's Mrs is furious

2 hours ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Leicester City vs Brentford - 3 minutes added - ended 90+4. +1 minute.

West Ham vs Man City - 3 minutes added - ended 90+4. +1 minute

Man City vs Nottingham Forest - 2 minutes added - ended 90+3. +1 minute.

Man City vs Crystal Palace - 4 minutes added - ended 90+4. 0 minutes.

Crystal Palace vs Arsenal - 3 minutes added - ended 90+4. +1 minute.

Liverpool vs Crystal Palace - 5 minutes added - ended 90+6. +1 minute

Nottingham Forest vs Spurs - 8 minutes added - ended 90+9. +1 minute.

Liverpool vs Newcastle - 5 minutes added - ended 90+9. +4 minutes.

More overtime = more playing time so that stat doesn't really give a good indication of how much/little time we wasted.

I hate watching Everton waste time every time they take the lead these days, so as long as the referees are consistent with adding to the overtime due to time wasting I don't have much to complain about.