Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

That's part of the gripe Henry. We knew it would be, circumstances suiting it, at Liverpool whilst the same time wasting during Leicester 2-0 Southampton will not get treat the same way.

And why is every second counted in stoppage time here but the best part of half an hour of the ball being dead during the 90 ignored? Like nothing can happen in those extra 30minutes? Two wrongs done make a right, its the same game/sport in time added on as before.

Somebody [BT or MOTD] remarked on how many goals liverpool scored in injury time. I didn't check the stats but couldn't help laughing at them being amazed by how many times they scored with the last kick of the game, and not thinking it's a bit weird.

18 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

That's part of the gripe Henry. We knew it would be, circumstances suiting it, at Liverpool whilst the same time wasting during Leicester 2-0 Southampton will not get treat the same way.

And why is every second counted in stoppage time here but the best part of half an hour of the ball being dead during the 90 ignored? Like nothing can happen in those extra 30minutes? Two wrongs done make a right, its the same game/sport in time added on as before.

According to Winter's logic, as the ball is in play on average 60 minutes per match, there should be an average of 30 minutes of added time every match. Such failures of logic can occur when you're wrapped up in your own narrative.  

They're also missing the point that there is no consistency to adding time.  Refs seem to pick and choose if/when they do it.  If Newcastle had got the winner the narrative would be the total opposite. 

Edited by duo

2 minutes ago, duo said:

They're also missing the point that there is no consistency to adding time.  Refs seem to pick and choose if/when they do it.  If Newcastle had got the winner the narrative would be the total opposite. 

As it would if we'd entered the 95th minute a goal down.

• 1 month later...

Not particularly offended at the name dropping itself, that was pretty polite by his standards. Just his usual crybaby routine, boohoo poor little Liverpool so hard done by as they can only compete because they outspent the opposition a few decades too early.

As more time passes I'm more proud of my cunt senses in general. Didn't understand the fanfare over his 'fun' and 'eccentric' personality when he first arrived at Liverpool and he's proven to mostly be an insufferable prick.

Sigh. The thing is broadly I agree, financial disparity between clubs leads to uneven competition. It is bad. I would like in an ideal world to be competing to win league etc based on merit of performance etc. We are a long way off that now, we have a decade of neglect to invest before we are on a similar level but he is right assuming no change of circumstances ultimately there isn't a financial ceiling. It's absolutely not fair. The league is best competitive and I hope we have success without having substantially outspent rivals. I have confidence that we will be able to as the model is to spend sensibly etc anyway.

But it is absolutely unbearable to hear a manager who has spent £75m on a defender (money well spent of course) and loads and loads of money pretend to be a fucking under funded underdog. Absolutely pathetic. 

If Brighton came out with teh same stuff genuinely they have invested super sensibly and competing they absolutely should be rewarded with being competitive with the best. Absolutely pathetic to hear from Klopp. Pathetic pity me crap. He's achieved a lot, doesn't need to pretend he has done so as some moral parsimonious monk.

And for the record if Eddie came out with anything self pitying about not having investment, he can fuck off with it. But he won't because he is doing best he can with what he has been given. He is in a position where he will not have the excuse of lack of investment, but I suspect he will not resort to that. Fuck off klopp. 

Edited by Tiresias