Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, Whitley mag said:

No way is his knee or shoulder beyond the defenders foot, what are people seeing here ?

Didn’t Rashford get the advantage for the exact same thing when they played against them last week…

Just now, Sean said:

I think Isak's shoulder may have been offside, but it's a travesty to rule out something so beautiful for something so minor and inconsequential. 

I wonder what % of offsides was given for it being that close before VAR. Must be a big difference.

Just now, hakka said:

Maybe he needs to become a centre back.

I suggested this in the Wolves match thread :lol: Especially with his amazing positioning that prevents any chance of the striker getting the ball, if he takes the same positions in defence we'd have some player!

Just now, Whitley mag said:

No way is his knee or shoulder beyond the defenders foot, what are people seeing here ?

I've never seen the advantage of a player's head/body being past the defender and then call it offside, feet I can understand, but not the head or body.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

I think Isak's shoulder may have been offside, but it's a travesty to rule out something so beautiful for something so minor and inconsequential. 

I despise the way the offside rule is applied. The spirit of the rule is to prevent goalhanging which would force teams to defend deep, which would be terrible. Who the fuck cares if somebody's elbow is 1 cm offside. It drives me nuts.

Edited by Village Idiot

Just now, Armchair Pundit said:

I've never seen the advantage of a player's head/body being past the defender and then call it offside, feet I can understand, but not the head or body.

Imagine if that offside was alot closer to goal and the first touch the attacking player had was to score with his head, chest or shoulder, that's why.