Harrison Ashby (on loan at Swansea City)

James

If we are on about veganism, I hope they that are vegans realize they are potentially gonna cause the extintion of cows, sheep, pigs, chickens, etc etc as they are not farmed to be viewed , also there'll be no milk , have you tried oat milk which on reality is the juice of oats caused by using water.

30 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

If we are on about veganism, I hope they that are vegans realize they are potentially gonna cause the extintion of cows, sheep, pigs, chickens, etc etc as they are not farmed to be viewed , also there'll be no milk , have you tried oat milk which on reality is the juice of oats caused by using water.

This is honestly not a well thought out take at all, just as vegans trying to guilt people into absolute veganism is generally not well thought out either. Looking just on species level conveniently ignores the massive suffering of the individual animals. Industrial farming practices are unbelievably cruel, and are some of the worst examples of the destructive capacity of humanity. Just hang out near a pig slaughterhouse for an hour and come back to me about how it benefits their species. 

this conversation has been derailed enough, but I will just say that  maybe vegans would be better served by arguing that reducing meat intake by a third would go some way to finding a middle ground that would not get rid of farming altogether, but would impose better conditions for the animals to reduce suffering. And maybe the other side would be better served to see the horrors of industrial farming as it is firsthand, not to mention become aware of the great disease spillover risks it poses, and the environmental problems it can cause (especially in places like California).

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

[emoji38]No bother mate, you're right about "animal products" factories as well, had the pleasure of driving round one two or three times a day for four months, awful smell.

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

Is Harrison Ashby a feckin vegan like?:rant:

Yes. You heard it here first. Hangs out with sedative-free, untethered, big-toothed carnivores on assumption they know he’s no threat to their grub; and smells like cabbage. Really hates it when you call him ‘A vaygan’, although I highly recommend the term for comedic effect. 

1 hour ago, wyn davies said:

You know people who aren't vegans drink oat milk, or milk substitutes, due to allergies, right?

My lass is veggie and was vegan for a while like and I've never seen anything like it from some people over the last 8 years like. For every irritating vegan who insists upon themselves there must be 10 absolute weirdos who can't handle it.

Some are genuinely curious like, but others take her own decision as an automatic judgement on their own and get defensive, others try to clamp her with braindead points or get pedantic over vegan food being named after meat, others need reminding what it is after trying to offer her eggs or even fish for the 100th time. :lol: Then others seem to make it a point of pride that they're unaffected by it and won't be swayed from coincidentally talking about meat or telling a story that ends with an animal being killed when they're in our company. It's really fucking weird like, I would have thought it was an exaggeration if I hadn't witnessed it all first hand.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

My lass is veggie and was vegan for a while like and I've never seen anything like it from some people over the last 8 years like. For every irritating vegan who insists upon themselves there must be 10 absolute weirdos who can't handle it.

Some are genuinely curious like, but others take her own decision as an automatic judgement on their own and get defensive, others try to clamp her or get pedantic over vegan food being named after meat, others need reminding what it is after trying to offer her eggs or even fish for the 100th time. :lol: Then others seem to make a point of pride that they're unaffected by it and won't be swayed from coincidentally talking about meat or telling a story that ends with an animal being killed when they're in our company. It's really fucking weird like, I would have thought it was an exaggeration if I hadn't witnessed it all first hand.

avoids the meat and concentrates on the nuts?

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Some are genuinely curious like, but others take her own decision as an automatic judgement on their own and get defensive, others try to clamp her with braindead points or get pedantic over vegan food being named after meat, others need reminding what it is after trying to offer her eggs or even fish for the 100th time

Could she have wafer thin ham?

Just remembered when my mam was seeing this bloke actually and my mam mentioned to him while I was there that my lass was vegan and he went "you should give her a slap", which obviously didn't go down well.

So he asked why, I said because she loves animals, he said he loves animals, I just went "love them enough to not eat them?" and he just went quiet. Anyway, long story short, it turns out that he was none other than Newcastle United footballer Harrison Ashby.

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just remembered when my mam was seeing this bloke actually and my mam mentioned to him while I was there that my lass was vegan and he went "you should give her a slap", which obviously didn't go down well.

So he asked why, I said because she loves animals, he said he loves animals, I just went "love them enough to not eat them?" and he just went quiet. Anyway, long story short, it turns out that he was none other than Newcastle United footballer Harrison Ashby.

Are you really Stifler? And does he like to chain-up all of his puss… nope. I can’t do it. 

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Lost in all this is was the beautiful Harold and Maude romance between your mom and our Harrison.

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

[emoji38][emoji38] genuine burst out chuckle on the toilet

Shame no one in the team is a just stop oiler , that would be fun finding alternatives to clothing , plastics especially with the EV's that are worse than run of mill cars, but thats another subject for another day

6 hours ago, enthusiast said:

wish i fucking hadn't tbh

Same here. :lol:

I was reading back through the thread from the last page and was worried he'd eaten tiger soup in Asia at one point.