Harrison Ashby (on loan at Swansea City)

James

51 minutes ago, arnonel said:

How did he do?

I thought he did well defensively for the most part. Mitoma got past him and crossed for their goal. Otherwise he put in some good blocks and tackles.

I cant recall him doing much on the ball though

Played well and put in some good tackles. Hardly anything went down our right in the first half so was difficult to judge him going forward. 

Looks a decent signing for the fee though from what I've seen of him this pre season. 

Think that’s already been touted a bit, has there been any further development? Maybe we’re waiting to see whether we can bring in Tino or someone else before we sanction it but it’s all ready to go 

I’d like to see him start against Fiorentina, just to see more of what he can do. He obviously hasn’t shown enough with us pursuing another long-term rightback, but maybe that’s the kick up the arse he’s needed. Otherwise a loan would benefit him. 

54 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think that’s already been touted a bit, has there been any further development? Maybe we’re waiting to see whether we can bring in Tino or someone else before we sanction it but it’s all ready to go 

"In advanced talks" apparently. 

It's a little worrying that Manquillo doesn't appear to be moving on, I know we could be waiting to see if we get Livramento first.

I think I'd rather keep Ashby than Manquillo tbh, but I understand he needs game time to progress.

From what we've seen, I'd say he will smash the championship.

Hopefully he gets 30 games and can really compete for us next year.

Or...

He smashes it and we can fleece someone like Southampton are doing.

Just now, Alberto2005 said:

It's a little worrying that Manquillo doesn't appear to be moving on, I know we could be waiting to see if we get Livramento first.

I think I'd rather keep Ashby than Manquillo tbh, but I understand he needs game time to progress.

Manquillo is comfortable in both fullback positions. He won't be sold unless, as you say, we get another in.

There will be plenty of shite La Liga sides who would be willing to take him.

I will always have a soft spot for him. A no fuss, likeable player.