Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace; post match frustration from p26

Yorkie

Hope we have ASM and Bruno back for our next game.

If they could have played today I think we would've won quite comfortably.

Can't understand why we keep putting Murphy on as a sub?!

This VAR-thing is really annoying!

It's poor decisions every game!

5 minutes ago, Toon No9 said:

Can't understand why we keep putting Murphy on as a sub?!

What aren't people getting about this? :lol: He was one of two people on the bench tonight that might actually be able to affect a match in any sort of positive way. As a late in the match sub he adds legs and keeps the possibility of a threat down the wing on the pitch. It's really not that hard to grasp.

14 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

What aren't people getting about this? :lol: He was one of two people on the bench tonight that might actually be able to affect a match in any sort of positive way. As a late in the match sub he adds legs and keeps the possibility of a threat down the wing on the pitch. It's really not that hard to grasp.

I think it was him putting pressure on the Wolves defence that gave Maxi the opportunity to equalise.

34 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

What they aren't getting about a lot of shit.

Almiron is clearly told to lead the press and absolutely blow his arse off for as long as he can and then Murphy comes on as fresh legs. It’s not rocket science. Given Fraser, who did little to nothing, went off at the same time I’m really struggling to understand what else could have been done. Anderson, as far as I’m aware has no history of playing off the right and looked more than comfortable on the left.

Move Isak wide? Wood have gone down like a shit sarnie.  

43 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Well, for me, he doesn't add anything. He looks scared of the opponent, scared of the ball, poor desitionmaking.

He's fast, has decent technic and ok shot and crosses. But he never gets in some kind of position to use it.

He just looks lost to me. I think the PL is one level to high for him.

9 minutes ago, Disco said:

Almiron is clearly told to lead the press and absolutely blow his arse off for as long as he can and then Murphy comes on as fresh legs. It’s not rocket science. Given Fraser, who did little to nothing, at the same time I’m really struggling to understand what else could have been done. Anderson, as far as I’m aware has no history of playing off the right and looked comfortable on the left.

If Almiron and Fraser gets tired at the end I'd put Anderson and Wood on and change formation to a 4-3-1-2. Play Anderson as a #10 and Isak and Wood up top.

1 hour ago, Disco said:

Almiron is clearly told to lead the press and absolutely blow his arse off for as long as he can and then Murphy comes on as fresh legs. It’s not rocket science. Given Fraser, who did little to nothing, went off at the same time I’m really struggling to understand what else could have been done. Anderson, as far as I’m aware has no history of playing off the right and looked more than comfortable on the left.

The complaining about replacing players with the fresh legs we have off the bench is unreal. Subs are of course going to come on, they have to, especially given the way we play, and they are who they are. We have to ask what we do of what we have and it's unsustainable for 90 mins for those we ask more of. Our options are severely limited later on in the game. Its going to be 12 months minimum before we have anything else we can do.

6 hours ago, McDog said:

That fucking nuts. Withholding different views?

The USA feed showed the entire scene of the ref walking over to the monitor, and never cut away. They only showed him the same angle from the Milburn stand a few times.

"Lee, do you have the replay from the other side?" "KKrrrrr, wzh, you're breaking up there Michael"

1 hour ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

The complaining about replacing players with the fresh legs we have off the bench is unreal. Subs are of course going to come on, they have to, especially given the way we play, and they are who they are. We have to ask what we do of what we have and it's unsustainable for 90 mins for those we ask more of. Our options are severely limited later on in the game. Its going to be 12 months minimum before we have anything else we can do.

Absolutely this. 

2 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I would think only 4 months before there is something we WILL do. It’s all good. Onwards and upwards.:indi:

Our start to the season:

1 win in 6, but…

1 loss in 6

3 clean sheets

3 points off the top 4 as things stands, we drew 0-0 away from home with the club that currently occupy that spot

We went toe to toe with Man City at home, drawing, having went a goal down. We did the same away to LFC and could have won that game and should have drawn it, but VAR and the ref

VAR has fucked us over several times

We’ve been missing Wilson, ASM and Bruno for several games now, our 3 most important attacking players

Pope and Botman have settled in great and look top quality

Our record signing has already scored and could be sitting on 3 goals right now

We are unbeaten at home, which has now become a fortress

Worrying!

Edited by HTT II

Well , my take on the game is this .

We deserved to win , anyone who think not is mad. We did win, the FA/PL have an agenda against us , cunts .

Joelinton was tremendous , Willock needs to find his shooting boots .

Another one of those games we should have comfortably won but for bad finishing and a cunt in a box somewhere . 

1 hour ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Shearer was seething on MOTD. My only comment on Howe is that it might be worth him letting loose a bit like that to put more pressure on the refs

In the previous game he was right to say what’s the point ? However the very next game and it happens again so blatantly then I’d like him to let rip a bit mind 

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

Well , my take on the game is this .

We deserved to win , anyone who think not is mad. We did win, the FA/PL have an agenda against us , cunts .

Joelinton was tremendous , Willock needs to find his shooting boots .

Another one of those games we should have comfortably won but for bad finishing and a cunt in a box somewhere . 

I thought we were poor at times in attack outside of set penises, it’s clearly an area we need to improve on and we are desperate for better quality players in those areas going forward. In defence we are solid.

Just now, HTT II said:

I thought we were poor at times in attack outside of set penises, it’s clearly an area we need to improve on and we are desperate for better quality players in those areas going forward. In defence we are solid.

we had a few cocks out there I agree 

Had that goal stood, I think we would have added another one or two. I was disappointed with Palace mind, they just sat back and were content with a draw in the main, I guess that’s something we are going to see often now that SJP is such a fortress and something we are going to have to figure out.

27 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Had that goal stood, I think we would have added another one or two. I was disappointed with Palace mind, they just sat back and were content with a draw in the main, I guess that’s something we are going to see often now that SJP is such a fortress and something we are going to have to figure out.

They had a spell in the first half where we couldn’t get close to them.

7 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

They had a spell in the first half where we couldn’t get close to them.

Aye they can keep the ball well, and they did create chances, but they were clearly set up for getting a point.