Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace; post match frustration from p26

Yorkie

Very frustrating game. Thought our overall play and philosophy was good again. Isak should have buried his chance. Hit the post. Loads of half chances. And the fucking farcical disallowed goal. Just a frustrating day all round.

Hard to fault any of our players really. If the ref had any ability whatsoever we would have won 1-0 and everyone would have been saying it was a decent performance.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

You have a weird hard on for defending him. This guy is terrible. I'm just reacting to what I'm watching every game.

You on the other hand have absolutely no basis for defending his play. Are you a relative of his or something? I don't understand man.

I think Willocks trying. He certainly puts a shift in but he looks clumsy on the ball this season. He's played every game this season including Tranmere. Maybe he's feeling a bit leggy considering his role is to be box to box. That's a lot of running and a lot of football he's playing. 

He certainly looked gassed on Wednesday night at Anfield. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

You have a weird hard on for defending him. This guy is terrible. I'm just reacting to what I'm watching every game.

You on the other hand have absolutely no basis for defending his play. Are you a relative of his or something? I don't understand man.

Of course you don't understand Kaka, outside of being hysterical, there's very little you do.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

I think Willocks trying. He certainly puts a shift in but he looks clumsy on the ball lthis season. He's played every game this season including Tranmere. Maybe he's feeling a bit leggy considering his role is to he box to box. That's a lot of running and a lot of football he's playing. 

He certainly looked gassed on Wednesday night at Anfield. 

It's so frustrating man. The guy's play is so poor right now. He really shouldn't be starting. He needs some time out of the team.

Just now, KaKa said:

It's so frustrating man. The guy's play is so poor right now. He really shouldn't be starting. He needs some time out of the team.

He does. Unfortunately there's not a lot to bring in right now with Shelvey and Bruno missing. Maybe Anderson but I think he looks better on the left of a front 3.

Just now, Flip said:

Well, he's right. 

Nah

Edit: Willock's been poor the last few matches, but KaKa's hysterical and always has been. Not necessarily a criticism really, it's just OTT.

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Aiston said:

Willock slating seems mostly based on getting him out the team to replace him with Anderson.

He's not perfect but he's not as bad as people are making out.

No it’s because he offers nothing in the position Howe is playing him, he’s soft as shite at times, gormless, disinterested and doesn’t read play well at all. Anderson, again, did more in his cameo than Willock has done all season, showing a good touch, awareness, attacking intent, composure, ball retention, strength and confidence. I’m not a Willock hater, but Howe can’t keep playing him as a CM and nor can he keep hiding like he did today! And it’s not like it’s like for like as I’m sure Anderson isn’t a CM either.

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Of course you don't understand Kaka, outside of being hysterical, there's very little you do.

I cannot fathom how you're satisfied with his performances, but fine, if you think I'm being hysterical.

This is Tranmere, Liverpool and Palace now this guy is just floating about out there and not getting on the ball and doing anything.

When Wood comes on and looks like a statue mis-controlling everything and being caught on his heels there's no issue with calling out his performances. Willock has been terrible.

Just now, KaKa said:

I cannot fathom how you're satisfied with his performances, but fine, if you think I'm being hysterical.

This is Tranmere, Liverpool and Palace now this guy is just floating about out there and not getting on the ball and doing anything.

When Wood comes on and looks like a statue mis-controlling everything and being caught on his heels there's no issue with calling out his performances. Willock has been terrible.

He's just said he's been poor. 

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

He does. Unfortunately there's not a lot to bring in right now with Shelvey and Bruno missing. Maybe Anderson but I think he looks better on the left of a front 3.

I mean at this point you just have to give Anderson a go there, or drop Miggy in there, like he played against Atalanta and looked great in the pre-season.

23 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Anyway, fuck it. For posterity:

Pope: 7

Trippier: 7

Schar: 6.5

Botman: 6.5

Targett: 6.5

Longstaff: 5.5

Willock: 5.5

Joelinton: 6

Almiron: 6.5

Isak: 6

Fraser: 6

Can;t remember Fraser doing much after the first 10 mins except winning the free kick to get Ward booked. Thought he was pretty anonymous for the majority

Thought Joelinton was better than a 6 but can;t argue too much

The problem is that there's no acknowledgment whatsoever for his good performances. Against Forest and Man City he was excellent, against Wolves he was very good, against Tranmere he was fine, against Brighton and Palace he was poor in poor team performances.

Even then, with proper officiating he plays a big part in our win today 

It's always stupidly over the top.