Newcastle United 0-0 Crystal Palace; post match frustration from p26

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Willock is the new ASM. Hound him out.

I just don't think he should be starting right now. He needs time out of the team.

I genuinely cannot believe how poorly he's been playing. Beginning to wonder about his general fitness or something.

Edited by KaKa

Was always going to be a big ask after Wednesdays efforts and our key player injuries. Again VAR is against us which is sickening 2 games in a row. 
Still doing well though. Hopefully we get to near a full strength squad sooner rather than later. 

I'd say Willock is the weakest link in the current set-up. But a lot of what he does is easily overlooked, I've done it myself, whereas the things he doesn't do, stick out like a cobbler's thumb. 

Needs a break from 1st team duties, but hopefully he's benefitted from the experience. His fitness levels should be of the chart. Need to start bringing him into games, as a sub. I think he'll be more valuable defending a lead because he's very good at counter attacking. But I still miss the guy that used to pop up in the box with an assured finish.

Viera trolling. 

Vieira said: "After looking at the images after the game, I thought that was the right decision from the referee.

"Was there a push? No, not at all. I think if there is not a Newcastle player then our goalkeeper will get the ball. That contact of course had a massive impact on the goal. That’s why I believed it was the right decision from the referee."

I mean I feel like that with most situations and goals we concede. If there isn't an opposition player there I'm pretty confident Pope will get the ball.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

The problem is that there's no acknowledgment whatsoever for his good performances. Against Forest and Man City he was excellent, against Wolves he was very good, against Tranmere he was fine, against Brighton and Palace he was poor in poor team performances.

Even then, with proper officiating he plays a big part in our win today 

It's always stupidly over the top.

You talking about Willock? :lol: Excellent against Man City? Fine against Tranmere? Very good against Wolves? Did we watch the same games? 

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Willock is the new ASM. Hound him out.

ASM never hides, in fact ASM tries to hard sometimes. Willock actually fucking hides. Right at the beginning of the game he lost a duel because he couldn't bother. He has this Dele Alli aura of him at times. I'm sorry, I'm a fan of talented footballers and Willock has talent, that's quite clear. But he shies away from challenges and looks pedestrain 90% of the time with the play just passing him by. Longstaff isn't half as talented, yet you see him get on the ball and win the ball countless more times than Willock. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The problem is that there's no acknowledgment whatsoever for his good performances. Against Forest and Man City he was excellent, against Wolves he was very good, against Tranmere he was fine, against Brighton and Palace he was poor in poor team performances.

Even then, with proper officiating he plays a big part in our win today 

It's always stupidly over the top.

Maybe I expected too much of him.

I guess this is the first time under Howe's style of play he's been in the team without either Bruno or Shelvey alongside.

Really thought he'd take more responsibility and be more influential as the most attack minded midfielder, but it appears maybe that's not really what he does. He just doesn't seem to look to get on the ball much. The whole thing is baffling really.

1 minute ago, maze said:

What position did Willock play in when he was on loan here?

Good question. I think it was off the striker?

I do remember him saying Bruce told him to just try to get in the box and be a goal threat, which he was excellent at.

Maybe that's just the kind of player he is then. Late runs into the box and not much general play?

4 minutes ago, maze said:

What position did Willock play in when he was on loan here?

Pretty much a 10 with no responsibility or instructions. Sure he said that himself. Bruce told him to just do what he wanted up there. 

1 minute ago, Jaqen said:

Pretty much a 10 with no responsibility or instructions. Sure he said that himself. Bruce told him to just do what he wanted up there. 

Sounds about right 

‘just go out there and play son’

There’s 0 reason to panic. We’re taking in draws we’d used to be losing, and we’ve been on the end of key injuries and key ref decisions that have literally taken points off the board for us. We created clear cut chances to win this game and between lack of luck, great goalkeeping, and inability to finish those few chances we didn’t comfortably win. 

I am chilled as I’ve ever been, this is a process and we continue to build, even if a game like today can leave us annoyed at 2 points dropped - trust the club to learn and grow at every opportunity.