Garang Kuol

Johnny

Interesting comments by Eddie in his press conference about Kuol perhaps not getting as much playing time at Hearts as we would have liked 

Edited by LV

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

What'd he say?

Was asked if the club learns anything useful from him being on loan, said that they, and the player will learn alot despite maybe not getting the playing minutes they had hoped.

Surely training with Eddie and the coaches,plus the standard of our forwards would be better for learning off. U21s would be better than no game time at all. 

Edited by andycap

32 minutes ago, andycap said:

Can the club bring him back? 

The last two games they've been beat comfortably and he cannot even get a few minutes on the pitch. Total waste. 

Not outside a transfer window no

It’s hardly Hearts’ fault though - if the lad isn’t yet good enough to come on they should hardly be pressured into bringing him on.  It was always high risk sending him on loan to the SPL - the 4th tier, like Anderson, made far more sense.  Ameobi still in situ, though. 

The guy has played a total of two games worth of minutes since he went to Hearts. They don't know if he is good enough or not - he needs to get the opportunity to prove it.

If Hearts weren't prepared to give unknown talent a chance then why loan him at all.

Maybe the old third division, certainly the old fourth, where the standard is more similar to the A League - and remember Kuol wasn’t a starter for the Mariners either.

He’s a really young lad with potential and time on his side - but the loan to the SPL at this stage was daft.  It’s a new league on the other side of the planet and he would have been better suited (to me) to a loan to a Mediterranean club, where the pace would’ve been more like the A-League.  Malta or similar. 

57 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Maybe the old third division, certainly the old fourth, where the standard is more similar to the A League - and remember Kuol wasn’t a starter for the Mariners either.

He’s a really young lad with potential and time on his side - but the loan to the SPL at this stage was daft.  It’s a new league on the other side of the planet and he would have been better suited (to me) to a loan to a Mediterranean club, where the pace would’ve been more like the A-League.  Malta or similar. 

I'm not sure if youve watched the A-league but the standard is certainly higher than 3rd or 4th division. Australia fielded a team at the world cup full of A-league players that made it through the group stage and took Argentina all the way. 

Realistically, lower championship would be the level. Other Aussies that didnt perform as well as Kuol in the A-league  have done well in the SPL. I think its a combination of being young and away from family, a new environment and not being played in his best position. 

Edited by aussiemag

42 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I'm not sure if youve watched the A-league but the standard is certainly higher than 3rd or 4th division. Australia fielded a team at the world cup full of A-league players that made it through the group stage and took Argentina all the way. 

Realistically, lower championship would be the level. Other Aussies that didnt perform as well as Kuol in the A-league  have done well in the SPL. I think its a combination of being young and away from family, a new environment and not being played in his best position. 

I attend Western Wanderers games fortnightly and watch the other games on TV.  WC performance isn’t relevant to me - it’s a poor Australian side.  It’s definitely not Second Division standard, much closer to Third and the worst teams would struggle in the fourth tier. 

edit: I work in Parramatta usually, so attending midweek games is easy enough.  I was there for the top of the table clash vs Adelaide on Friday night.  It was an entertaining game - but the standard wasn’t great :) 

Edited by TheBrownBottle