Garang Kuol

Johnny

I don’t know,  maybe let the lad earn his place in his side as he gets to grips with things after a life changing move? If he’s not yet good enough to get significant game time at Hearts he wouldn’t have seen much game time here anyway.

5 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I don’t know,  maybe let the lad earn his place in his side as he gets to grips with things after a life changing move? If he’s not yet good enough to get significant game time at Hearts he wouldn’t have seen much game time here anyway.

There's more options than just here and Hearts though ???

We have a loan manager and assistant loan manager whose job description is to find the right club for our young players to get game time

On paper though it was pretty much the perfect loan move at the time.

- Decent standard of football 

- Chance to get used to the UK

- Senior Australian players there from the World Cup to help him settle

- Close enough to Newcastle for us to keep tabs on him

...and so on.

Whether it's the manager not fancying him, or Kuol not quite ready yet, it's not quite worked as we hoped yet. I still think it'll do him good in the long run though.

I was up at Celtic park a few weeks ago when they played hearts. Kuol came on , he looked quick but also looked weak as piss . It didn’t help he was put on up top and they were firing long balls at him mind-

he needs to go to a team that plays the ball on the deck 

Keep him here first half of next season. Give him 6-months to experience Newcastle, play regular U21s football, might get the odd cup cameo, the Papa John's Trophy playing against senior sides.

In January we can then assess better where we feel he'd be better suited, what level to send him to. These 6 months were all about adapting and I've no doubt he'll still be learning. The frustration of not playing or being brought on will hold him in good stead too.

Just now, andycap said:

I would of spoke to joey Barton about taking him like Anderson last year. Probably would of blooded him in a lot better. 

Could be one for January onwards next season. Personally think at 18 coming from Australia that League 1 would have been far too much for someone with few starts. Next year though after 6 months up in Scotland, 6 months back in Newcastle, it could be a great fit.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Much depends on the managers mentality. I don't know Hearts manager, but take Moyes at West Ham, the fans there complain that he just doesn't like to give youngsters a go, no matter what. Some have a massive preference for experience and don't trust a kid with no track record.

14 minutes ago, andycap said:

Just think Barton would of used him a lot more and put time into the lads game, and give him confidence with him been ex newcastle. 

Looking at it superficially, I think we neglected an opportunity to keep a good thing going there. After Anderson, the fans and club would be right behind anyone we send down.

Loads of cubs wanted him and there’s no way of dressing this up, he’s been sent to the wrong club, league and manager. The appeal was clearly having him just up the road so Shola could get back to Fenham in time for his tea.

Edited by Whitley mag

On 03/04/2023 at 00:14, Whitley mag said:

Loads of cubs wanted him and there’s no way of dressing this up, he’s been sent to the wrong club, league and manager. The appeal was clearly having him just up the road so Shola could get back to Fenham in time for his tea.

To be fair I worked in a Bristol for a few weeks and, while it is a very nice place, it is a pisser to get to from Newcastle if you're not flying.  Shola would have learned that lesson from the Anderson loan.  

On 02/04/2023 at 15:14, Whitley mag said:

When is the “Loan Arranger” going to get the bullet? Hung around like Japanese Knotweed as a player and now doing the same on the wider books.

38 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

When is the “Loan Arranger” going to get the bullet? Hung around like Japanese Knotweed as a player and now doing the same on the wider books.

Nearly knocked me sick when I seen the cunt standing next to the tunnel at full time on Sunday

6 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

:lol: When you think of the utter pondlife that has represented this club... 

Mebbes so but i cant think of many who have leached for as long as he has. One of the laziest players I've ever seen. Then add in his ashley arselicking

He can get fucked

Jobs for the boys the reason the academy is currently in the state it is. Yeah it was underfunded under Ashley, but fuck me the coaching has been horrific for years.

Edited by Whitley mag

On 24/03/2023 at 21:20, TheBrownBottle said:

He played Barcelona in a pre-season friendly - a glorified training session.  It's not the same level as competitive league football.  The lad might come good, but if he's not getting minutes it is for good reason - I did think when he joined that the SPL was a big step up.  The old Division Four would have been a better place for potential minutes a la Anderson.

I watched that game and Barca were behind. They played like maniacs to get back in front (which they did late) - they were not treating it like a friendly in that last 45 and that's when Garang came on and shone. Xavi described him as an amazing prospect and there was plenty of talk that NUFC beat Barca for his signature.

I have no doubts about the demands of SPL football but he's not getting a chance to show what he's got. If he coudn't even get minutes against 10 man Killie then what's the point of the loan?

3 hours ago, Coastie said:

I watched that game and Barca were behind. They played like maniacs to get back in front (which they did late) - they were not treating it like a friendly in that last 45 and that's when Garang came on and shone. Xavi described him as an amazing prospect and there was plenty of talk that NUFC beat Barca for his signature.

I have no doubts about the demands of SPL football but he's not getting a chance to show what he's got. If he coudn't even get minutes against 10 man Killie then what's the point of the loan?

We’ll have to agree to disagree with the Barcelona game

Agreed re the loan - it looks like a waste of time for the lad; though in this instance the blame falls squarely at NUFC’s loan management team.  

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree with the Barcelona game

Agreed re the loan - it looks like a waste of time for the lad; though in this instance the blame falls squarely at NUFC’s loan management team.  

This is the thing we were in such a strong position with this loan clubs were queuing up for him, we surely could have insisted on guaranteed playing time or we bring him back.