Garang Kuol (on loan at FC Volendam)

Johnny

He’s good enough to play Messi at the WC and mess up Barca in one of his first competitive games ever, but can he cut it on a wet, cold day in Stoke Edinburgh? Seemingly the answer is no.

in all seriousness, not really a surprise if he’s under the weather having moved from Australian summer to Scottish winter last week.

5 hours ago, gdm said:

He’s not in the squad for tonight’s game - he’s ill

I'd be ill too if I'd just swapped Australia for Scotland.

going from an Australian summer on the beach to a Scottish winter must be a shock to the system :D

Edited by BlazeT44

6 hours ago, BlazeT44 said:

going from an Australian summer on the beach to a Scottish winter must be a shock to the system :D

Normally yes, unless you want to be a footballer with every fibre of your being.

There's also the fact that we Aussies live in a warm country and can't help but be curious about what it's like to live in a cold climate with slate grey skies and filthy ice slush all over the fucking place.

16 minutes ago, Coastie said:

Normally yes, unless you want to be a footballer with every fibre of your being.

There's also the fact that we Aussies live in a warm country and can't help but be curious about what it's like to live in a cold climate with slate grey skies and filthy ice slush all over the fucking place.

Went to summer wedding in Melbourne years ago and it wasn't very warm. Pretty North European ish tbf. 

Also you can ski in Australia. Not that I have 😂

24 minutes ago, Coastie said:

He might've wanted to know what it's like going to the dunny without the fear of being  killed by a spider or a snake.

1 hour ago, madras said:

He might've wanted to know what it's like going to the dunny without the fear of being  killed by a spider or a snake.

Why the fuck would anyone want to have a shite without the threat of venomous death?

That's the true mark of a man, or woman...

22 hours ago, BlazeT44 said:

Was there at the weekend. Fecking freezing—minus 7 one morning. Poor lad must be shell shocked! 

15 hours ago, Coastie said:

Don’t be curious, it’s shit. And a pretty accurate description of Edinburgh; at least last Sunday and Monday. 

6 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Be great for him to sample an atmosphere like that. Will he have experienced anything like that derby-level volume in Australia?  

I'm guessing four World Cup appearances would've had their moments.

Not to mention playing in front of 60k against Barca.

Take your point though... he will never have encountered the level of spectator dislike and angst as he will have overnight. Disappointed he didn't get on.