Newcastle United 5-1 Brentford (08/10/2022)

Disco

5 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

No idea how football works then?

I am purely trying to explain our XG might be reported as two. If I'm wrong, tell me why then as opposed to being dick. It's a discussion.

22 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I actually don't mind Ando now that we're good :lol:

Just seems dated. Like him saying he doesn't understand why they tried to play out from the back when they've done it for years. :lol:

Raistrick could go far but I've never heard him as an impartial commentator yet.

Feel Trippier has been outstanding these last few games and maybe isn't getting as much credit as others.

He's gone down a few times the last few games, he's going to be playing so many games in the next couple of months we're a bit fucked if he gets injured. Manq has barely been seen and not sure how comfortable I'd be with Targett or Murphy playing there

16 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just seems dated. Like him saying he doesn't understand why they tried to play out from the back when they've done it for years. :lol:

Raistrick could go far but I've never heard him as an impartial commentator yet.

Raisbeck :lol:

1 hour ago, joeyt said:

Feel Trippier has been outstanding these last few games and maybe isn't getting as much credit as others.

He's gone down a few times the last few games, he's going to be playing so many games in the next couple of months we're a bit fucked if he gets injured. Manq has barely been seen and not sure how comfortable I'd be with Targett or Murphy playing there

Manquillo could be a bargain for a newly promoted side.

Great day. Lovely to see the town buzzing before and after the match. 

Thought Brentford have been the best team up here apart from Man City of course. They started really well and you could tell it was going to be a hard game when Botman lost his first two aerial duels. They deservedly took the lead and although they are the rules personally it’s a goal that should really stand. The key was us scoring immediately after the wake-up call and then forcing the error for a quick fire second. We then had a scrappy last 5mins and did well to make it to HT.

Second half Brentford started well again with little to lose and getting I thought a fortunate penalty but again they are the new rules. The key again was responding quickly getting the third and after that Brentford slowly lost a little believe.

Just shows how important a bit of the rub of the green is needed in football. Counting the days already for Sunday. Hope we turn up at Old Trafford for once. 

PS I even made the start of MOTD when team news was given holding the surfers top corner ? 

Edited by LFEE

Honestly felt like we didn’t even get out of second gear yesterday. Fucking crazy [emoji38]

I don’t think I’ve looked forward to matches as much as I am now since 2011-12 and we’ve not looked as good as this since 02-03 imo.

12 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Honestly felt like we didn’t even get out of second gear yesterday. Fucking crazy [emoji38]

I don’t think I’ve looked forward to matches as much as I am now since 2011-12 and we’ve not looked as good as this since 02-03 imo.

And that's without Shelvey, Isak, ASM, Targett or Joelinton starting. And we still got Anderson to come good. If we get Maddison and Diaby in January we are going to be ready to be an extremely dangerous side for anyone. Most exciting times as a fan since Sir Bobby.

I can't recall the last time we had a positive goal difference after so many games, It such a nice feeling to compete, to play such good football and see so much effort from the players, and to have such a likeable manager and his staff.

It's been so long coming, although i wouldn't say it was worth the wait, but good god this is a damn fine feeling now.

Edited by Bimpy474

2 hours ago, aussiemag said:

I haven’t seen us have this much “fret” from set penises, since we used to lob a high ball into big Mike Brazilianson Williamson at the back post! 

Ahhh the long Willy. 

Halcyon days. 

Late ratings:

Pope 6 Was lucky their goal was ruled offside

Trippier 8 Assist, bossed it.

Schar 6 Same as pope.

Botman 7 Some lush balls

Burn 5 Probably his weakest performance for us.

Willock 8 Bossed it for large periods.

Desperate for a goal.

Bruno 9 Two Goals, he's God basically.

Longstaff 6 Lost the ball a couple of times but played well other wise.

Miggy 8 A thorn all day, in fine form.

Murphy 7 Another positive game.

Wilson 7 Will be annoyed with himself for not scoring. 

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Late ratings:

Pope 6 Was lucky their goal was ruled offside

Trippier 8 Assist, bossed it.

Schar 6 Same as pope.

Botman 7 Some lush balls

Burn 5 Probably his weakest performance for us.

Willock 8 Bossed it for large periods.

Desperate for a goal.

Bruno 9 Two Goals, he's God basically.

Longstaff 6 Lost the ball a couple of times but played well other wise.

Miggy 8 A thorn all day, in fine form.

Murphy 7 Another positive game.

Wilson 7 Will be annoyed with himself for not scoring. 

Botman worth more than a 7 imo, he was rock solid and dominated Toney. His passing and calmness on the ball is brilliant as well.