Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 16/10/22 @ 14:00 (No UK TV)

32 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think we will stick with Murphy, purely because he will work back more against Antony than ASM would.

I'm thinking if you have to choose a half for Maxi to play in, it's the second half. His threat could help keep the fuckers honest during the 12 minutes of added time. 

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think we will stick with Murphy, purely because he will work back more against Antony than ASM would.

Or let them worry about ASM instead. Dalot is in poor form and ASM could potentially tear him apart. I’d also play Targett who think will do a good job against Favela face. 

rather have Murphy coming on for ASM if needed because of tiredness. IF we lead then they might push us back towards the end and commit a lot of players forward. Then Murphys simple straight forward style and work rate could come in handy for the counter. We don’t want them to get the initiative. In their faces please

Edited by Ikon

Just now, LV said:

We need to stop worrying about what they could do to us and concentrate on why they should be worrying about us.

We’re not Ashley’s club any more. 

We'll play the same way whoever we face.  We actually suit playing better teams as we struggle to break the shit ones down.  Our pressing high up the pitch against better sides will be key for us.

22 minutes ago, LV said:

We need to stop worrying about what they could do to us and concentrate on why they should be worrying about us.

We’re not Ashley’s club any more. 

Spot. On.

ASM to tear them apart, rather than Murphy having the energy to shit the bed over every inch of the pitch.

We are no longer also rans, and never forget it.

16 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Spot. On.

ASM to tear them apart, rather than Murphy having the energy to shit the bed over every inch of the pitch.

We are no longer also rans, and never forget it.

Absolutely.

We need to do our part as fans too. Eddie and the team are doing their bit to enshrine a winning mentality at the club, the owners and directors are doing their bit to aim high.

It’s time we do our bit and stop expecting the worst, expecting to fail, expecting players to get injured when on England duty, expecting our best players like Bruno to leave as soon as they’ve got here. We need to have the same positivity and winning mentality to complement the transformation that’s going on at the club. 

It’s time to be positive. 

They’re squad should be comfortably challenging for the title. We can’t go to their place and expect a win. Just hope we give them a good game and at least stay in it til the end á la Liverpool.

Would be delighted with a point. Ecstatic with more.

I'm going to stay grounded. I want us to win, I believe we can win but, I also believe they are still a good side under Ten Haag and are better than last season. We still have to keep it tight at the back and stay calm, play our normal game. It is at their place so our lads need to block out the home support and not let that influence their play and decision making. If this was at SJP, put all my money on a home win. 

Believe in Eddie and his decisions. HWTL!!!

If we actually go there and win will be utterly chuffed.  It would be some progress made in just a year.  

We haven't been outplayed yet, actually barring Brighton arguably, but held our own so far.