Newcastle United vs. Everton - 19/10/22 @ 7:30pm (Amazon Prime)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, arnonel said:

Think I prefer Shelvey over Longstaff, assuming he is fit

This is a game where we are going to have to break down opponent. Willock seems more suited to counter attack. 

willock was pretty damn good not on the counter versus Fulham and Brentford 

26 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Alaister Mcgowen from the BBC trying to get a controversial answer from Lampard about our ownership…Frank said he’s fine with it.

I don’t really get the angle currently that we are operating on another level to everyone else. Sure we can spend more than some but FFP ensures that we need to grow our revenue before we can really spend big. It’s not like we can spend whatever we want on the squad right now and that’s what’s being insinuated and what other fans and managers are concerned about. Nobody really gives a shit that we can spend money on the academy or a new training ground, it’s signing the best players that puts the shits up people. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

2 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I don’t really get the angle currently that we are operating on another level to everyone else. Sure we can spend more than some but FFP ensures that we need to grow our revenue before we can really spend big. It’s not like we can spend whatever we want on the squad right now and that’s what’s being insinuated and what other fans and managers are concerned about. Nobody really gives a shit that we can spend money on the academy or a new training ground, it’s signing the best players that puts the shits up people. 

It’s the fact that we’re currently hamstrung commercially and can only spend at the current level through years of Ashley’s consistent frugal ways and having our debt cleared.

The hacks are seemingly trying to frame it as. 200 million+ spent because we’re owned by the Saudi’s. 

4 hours ago, Andy84 said:

Seems a bit of a controversial thing to say but I don’t mind Lampard 

As a person, he seems alright enough (for a Tory). I think he and Gerrard wind a lot of folks up as they're handed opportunities a lot of other young coaches wouldn't get based purely on who they are. Fair play to Lampard though, he does seem to set his side up tactically himself, as opposed to Gerrard who lets other people deal with that. 

4 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

Alaister Mcgowen from the BBC trying to get a controversial answer from Lampard about our ownership…Frank said he’s fine with it.

It's always him. Every article by him about us on the BBC site will not miss the opportunity to mention anything related to the Saudi ownership.

6 hours ago, jack j said:

Lampard talking up Eddie and saying hes got no problem with our wealth in his pre match press conference

Always liked Frankie boy me

Honestly he came off very normal in that press conference. Surprised that Eddie also seemed to speak highly of him too. Never wanted Lampard as our manager and don't like the way he carries on in his interviews or on the pitch at times (maybe its just how much i dislike Everton) but I thought he was pretty spot on in with his remarks too. 

My favorite ever non Newcastle player is Lampard, I know it's not conventional but I've always really liked him. Can't fully put my finger on it but I love him like.

In saying that I'd still like us to batter these tomorrow and him get sent off like but yeah