Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Just me happy with everyone getting booked all the time? The amount of times people are just fouling eachother on purpose, kicking the ball away and stopping counters has become ridiculous. Give me some sending offs next. [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, BGRM said:

It appears every foul is a yellow this weekend. Refs must be on a bonus.

Well not quite every foul. We have five bookings but the only ones they have are Timber and Saliba stopping the quick free kick.

6 minutes ago, nortoon said:

Just me happy with everyone getting booked all the time? The amount of times people are just fouling eachother on purpose, kicking the ball away and stopping counters has become ridiculous. Give me some sending offs next. [emoji38]

The problem - as ever - is that it’s inconsistent. I believe we have the same amount of bookings in the first half today as Man City have all season. And they are the kings of the spoiler foul.

Edit: I take it back, City have 8 according to the PL site.

Edited by leffe186

First time there hasn't been a goal in the first half in 6 and a half years?

Good job I didn't build my bet round a goal in each half. Oh wait.

16 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Thought it was harsh. His foot slipped off the top of the ball. Didn't seem to be any intent.

I think he's unlucky because I think his intent is simply for the ball but the way he goes to tackle the ball it runs the risk of slipping off

I'm fine with it being a yellow, definitely not a red 

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Jamie Redknapp being an utter buffoon in the studio as usual, that bloke shouldn’t be asked any question other than "what’s your favourite flavour window?"

[emoji38]

1 minute ago, Pilko said:

Redknapp saying red for the Timber foul :lol: I didn't even think it was a free kick.

Hard to believe that's someone that's actually played at this level.

Tragic really.

Yeah done nothing wrong there. Porro just play acting because he lost possession and normally those sort of actions lead to slipping off the ball and kicking the player. Shouldn't have been a yellow. 

6 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

The problem - as ever - is that it’s inconsistent. I believe we have the same amount of bookings in the first half today as Man City have all season. And they are the kings of the spoiler foul.

The problem is, I don't think you're ever going to have any real consistency when its humans making the decision, especially when its such a subjective and high speed sport, its always going to be tough to have the exact same opinion from game to game. 

Nonsense from Neville there. A foul worthy of a yellow should always be a yellow.

No higher threshold for a second yellow.

Edited by Joe1984

9 minutes ago, BGRM said:

West Brom leading early doors (knock the mackems off top spot please)

Could you imagine a scenario where it is WBA, and Sunderland coming up?

Ewwww.