Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

40 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Gateshead 3-0, what a professional performance. Made D&R look like a lower league team, not comfortably mid table.

Going into the weekend semi on great form.

1 hour ago, Away Toon said:

fantastic atmosphere at Hampden, loud hostile and aggressive. SJP used to be like this until the Premier League turned everyone into docile spectators.

Hampden is the best ground I've been to for home atmospheres at big games. Been to quite a lot as a Scotland fan. Scotland Italy to qualify for Euro 2008 might be the best atmosphere I've experienced (ending in 2-1 defeat).

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just noticed Olivier Kemen made his Cameroon debut the other night and scored. Was excited about him when we had him since he was captain of the French youth sides while he was here. Least he's made a good career for himself!

Apropos of nothing but noticed the other day Habib Beye is doing well as manager at Red Star Paris

Edited by joeyt

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

Apropos of nothing but noticed the other day Habib Beye is doing well as manager at Red Star Paris

Whilst we are on this, noticed the other day Argentina battered Curaçao 7-0 and in midfield for Curaçao was Vurnon Anita 

1 hour ago, Miercoles said:

That was a pretty fun game to watch all around. Women's football is getting better and better, whatever the haters want to say about it.

It definitely is. I watch WSL games every now and then when they're on the BBC on the weekend and the quality is good, especially in the the top 4 teams. Arsenal, Chelsea, City and now Man Utd have really good players all through the team pretty much and the games between them are usually really good. The next step down in the likes of Villa and Everton are good teams with good ability too, if not having the talent all over the pitch and off the bench like the top 4. But then you have the likes of Brighton, Leicester and Reading, who whilst still have good footballers, are absolutely miles away from the top 4. Watched Villa - Leicester the other day and Villa slaughtered them. 

The gap between the top and bottom is coming down though and the league will end up filling out with more quality in the coming years I reckon. See some more investment from the bigger clubs who have some catching up to do like Liverpool and Spurs and us. 

It’s definitely improving , just wish it was treated more as a seperate entity rather than trying to match it up with men’s football 

it’s never going to be the same so instead of trying to push it as the same thing treat it uniquely 

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Admittedly no, and I was going to start my post by saying that.

Maybe the fact that they're 14 points clear playing a brand of football that is the completely opposite to the last 10 years might be better to judge them on than 13 mins

Edited by joeyt