Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

I like how we’re sort of in touching distance of this “title race”, the way I see it, European fixtures will start up in a few weeks and that will have a knock on effect on the results of those around or above us.

I don’t for a minute think we’re in a title race but the longer we’re in that conversation the more likely it’ll be that a top 4 place could happen by end of season.

22 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Borderline red for me as well but also think we should have had a penalty or at least have it looked at. 

Refereeing is confusing me these days with constant rule changes and different interpretations. 

I have faith in Fred for Sunday, but I think he should have been booked near the end as well to be honest. :lol: if McTominay was the DM we had zero chance. 

They did look at the penalty incident. 

26 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Clubs for sale. No chance of more signings but we've got a good enough squad anyway. 

People forgetting Ten Hag is only in the job. He's done brilliantly so far. 

We're expected to lose against Arsenal which I'm fine with. I'd snap your hands off for a draw right now. Top four is still the goal. Palace (H), Leeds (A), Leicester (H), Brentford (H) follow the Arsenal game and that has to be 10-12 points. 

I wouldn't have "snapped anyone's hand off" for a draw at the Emirates a couple of weeks ago, not should you. Happy with a point? Absolutely, but with the form you're in, you can definitely beat them. Granted, it's a lot tougher without Casemiro. 

Satisfying score. Always fearful of a reaction to a bad run or particularly bad defeat - Palace have nipped that in the bud.

5 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I like how we’re sort of in touching distance of this “title race”, the way I see it, European fixtures will start up in a few weeks and that will have a knock on effect on the results of those around or above us.

I don’t for a minute think we’re in a title race but the longer we’re in that conversation the more likely it’ll be that a top 4 place could happen by end of season.

"there are other runners if the front runners should fall" - round up narration over our win at Ipswich in 95

1 hour ago, Donut said:

Antony is bang average. 95 million euro  :mou:

Man Utd have spent some shocking money in recent seasons.

The Pogba fiasco, followed by Fred (60m euro), Maguire (87m euro). Bissaka (55m euro), de Beek (40m euro), Sancho (85m euro plus add ons), Antony (95m euro). Jury out on Martinez and Varane's crocked.

They can only really count Fernandes and Casmeiro as being successful big money transfers.

Never seen a winger so scared to try and beat a fullback as Antony. Wanted to Man U to lose and was still getting frustrated watching him just slow down play and play to back everytime he had the ball in a good position [emoji38]

3 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Never seen a winger so scared to try and beat a fullback as Antony. Wanted to Man U to lose and was still getting frustrated watching him just slow down play and play to back everytime he had the ball in a good position [emoji38]

Is he not pretty one footed and people have realised this? Seem to remember Burn just showing him onto his other foot and pretty much neutralising him.

6 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Posted the same last night. Has the skill and pace, and I’ve seen him go at his fullback plenty of times. But since the summer he runs forward and just plays it backward. Very odd. It’s as he has no intention of actually trying to play forward or beat his man. Same in the WC, he would even beat his man only to slow down and pass it backwards.

On the other side they had Rashford that only wanted to go forward. If both had a more balanced game last night they would’ve won easily. 

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Anything other than a Spurs win is fine I think. 

That's defo the worst option, by far, but on the other hand, an away draw is very much a point gained for Spurs - I'd snap your hand off for a point when we go down there. I guess if City did draw then they would at least remain close to us for now, but I'd be amazed, like absolutely stunned, if they finished 5th or lower, so I don't think they are realistically a competitor for a top 4 place.

I've also seen us finish 2nd twice and 3rd once (just about too young to remember our first season in the PL), so for me, while it would be very satisfying, there's not a massive difference between finishing 2nd or 4th this season, neither win the league but still get CL football, whereas the difference between finishing 4th to 5th will be felt a lot more, so I'd far rather keep an inferior team (to City) at bay as much as possible.

Edited by Paullow